Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who here is ready to go insane with this election?

Re: Who here is ready to go insane with this election?

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    flame me all you want, but i think there are about 3 or 4 people in congress and washington that arent completely in it for themselves. i say purge them all and lets start over..
    AMEN!!!
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    of course its necessary for obama, which is why i cant vote for the lil bastard.

the reason i brought your quote into question is because its symptomatic of the election. people dont worry about the issues, they really have no clue where the cantidates stand on anything. most people vote for a person "because i can have a beer with him" or because "shes a woman" and thats total bs.

i really have heard nothing concrete from either side about how they plan on doing anything. so far i just see talking heads.

flame me all you want, but i think there are about 3 or 4 people in congress and washington that arent completely in it for themselves. i say purge them all and lets start over..
    Ok, good response.

The reason I said that is because, well, that's what every one says, and while those are for the most part true, there is so much more to each candidate than what the media states.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

All of them scare the heck out me to be honest, Even though they are a little more in line with my ideals, McCain/Palin scare me a lot more. Not sure I can vote for Obama, but I really see a bleak 4 years no matter who gets elected.

Barring a miracle 3rd party candidate coming out of the woodwork at the 11th hr, all I'm hoping for at this point is some hard core partisan politics ensuring 4yrs of gridlock and nothing major getting changed. As bad as I think some things are right now, sometimes the best course of action is to not make it any worse.
    Brian

Nothing about this election annoys me. I could see in my late teens that our gov't (not everyone in it, probably) was f'd up. Then, later learned that...Oh!....it's nothing but a stage of puppets for global elitists that are really directing things and our voting is pointless. It's all a game of smoke and mirrors. Now that's what annoys me!

So, as with every political election, I won't be voting.
    &quot;All I know can be shown by your acceptance of the facts that are shown before you...&quot;

i thought about not voting, but this is the first election im able to vote in, i figure ill shove it in their face and vote for someone worthy who everyone hates.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by thook
    So, as with every political election, I won't be voting.
    Thats the way...... [/sarcasm]

Guys, while I dont agree with everyhting John McCain does or says, he is my canidate of choice, and therefore has my support 100%...

I just saw this and thought I would share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

No. That's just my way. Why would I bother with something pointless? I have no faith or belief in our present political system. I could vote for someone who actually represents the values I believe in, but it would make no difference and I know that. Whomever the powers that be want in office will be there regardless. So....again....what's the point? Exercising my rights? Voting is the power I have to change things...make a difference? It's all lies, Chris. Has been for a very long time.

&quot;All I know can be shown by your acceptance of the facts that are shown before you...&quot;

Thook - out of great curiosity (100% serious) , if you had a say in it, what would you replace/change in our present political system?

I myself, I don't know what exactly to do. I do not like the McCain & Palin combo. I am not fond of Obama and Biden . Choose the lesser of two evils? and which is that?
    &#39;96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I myself, I don't know what exactly to do. I do not like the McCain & Palin combo. I am not fond of Obama and Biden . Choose the lesser of two evils? and which is that?
    Something tells me that, herein lies a good portion of American's problems/frustrations...

I lean towards McCain due to the fact he is not calling our situation in Iraq and Afganistan a failure. That, imho, is a slap in the face of every member of our armed service. But yet, this man (Mr. Obama) wants to be the Commander in Chief of these men? (my Mother sent me that video rocko posted, earlier this week.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpRXL...eature=related <- Bill Hicks on US politics
    -Matt<br /><br />1988 4Runner, 22re, 5spd<br />1994 Mustang Cnvt, 302, 5spd

Great video chris!
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast