Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally...factory e-locker for the 2009 4Runner!

Finally...factory e-locker for the 2009 4Runner!

I am sure this is posted on other Toyota forums on the internet, but I only read this one (call me loyal) and haven't seen this posted yet. I was looking at Toyota.com last night and saw they have their "Urban Runner" edition and recently added a "Trail Edition." Here is the description from the Toyota website:

"It's hard to believe the 4Runner could get any more capable off road — until you see the 4Runner Trail Edition, that is. All new for 2009, the Trail Edition is based on the rugged SR5. The package features an Electronic Locking Rear Differential and a Torsen® limited-slip center differential with locking feature. Also included are Bilstein® shocks, unique 16-inch, 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels, distinctive black-painted tubular side steps and roof rack, and a color-keyed grille. To complete the package, there's a TomTom® [1] Personal Navigation Device [2], so you'll know precisely when you reach the middle of nowhere."

It appears to have the same wheels as the latest FJ Cruiser.
    [img width=800 height=418]http://www.toyota.com/img/vehicles/2009/4runner/trail-edition/full/2009_4runner_te_1.jpg[/img]

Anyways, I am excited to see Toyota take a step in the right direction! Now they need to make one with the 6-speed manual.

Re: Finally...factory e-locker for the 2009 4Runner!

May have to talk the Mrs. into this if the '99 is too small with junior coming along.

thats pretty bitchen. good thing someone is reading the msg boards

My signature

wonder how hard a swap is gonna be to get it into an 07 sport edition with xreas...
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

I saw that on another forum but when I tried to configure a trail edition 4runner online earlier in the week I couldn't get it to come up. Any idea how much they want for one?

Hopefully when the dump the FJ they'll put the 6 speed into the 4 runner. I really dislike automatics, even good ones.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Anybody know if this has the V8 or V6? There's no V8 badge on the grill, so I'm assuming this is a V6. 6 speed would be nice, and would be much more likely on the V6 motors.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

You can't get a V8 Trail Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike
    You can't get a V8 Trail Edition.
    weak!
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

V8 is not exactly the most popular seller with fuel prices the way they are. I think I read that more than 80% are sold with the V6, and that was well before fuel prices hit $4.00/gallon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast