Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: elocker and axle stuff

Re: elocker and axle stuff

Keith, the gravity bleeding worked great. It didn't take long either, since we got most the air out when we used the pump method before. I could see how it would take forever if we hadn't done that before. Thanks, I don't think I could have got April back out there. She complained about her leg being sore the next day from pumping so much.

Thanks to Sean and Bob, for hooking me up with the elocker harness. Sean did a great job on it and other than a little mess up on my part, it worked flawlessy. Can't wait to give it a good test run. Thanks guys!
    My signature

Switch

Blue Led that lets me know the locker is engaged and will stand out from the red lights on the other switch.

My signature

That is sweet Chris....I turned mine on this weekend just for the cool factor....didnt need it, just made climbing the rock hills at Coyote Canyon super easy.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

I played with it some today. I went up to Prewitt Ridge up the coast and looped back down to Hwy 1 via North Coast Ridge Rd. It was nothing tough, just NF roads with awesome views of the Big Sur Coast. I did a bunch of it in 2wd with the locker on just because I could.

I did a bunch in 4wd Hi and Lo to get a feel for the Aussie Locker. It was smoother than I thought it would be. Definately have to drive slightly different, but after a couple minutes I had it down. It would unlock just fine on the tight switchbacks. Only bummer is, the front diff started to leak from the passenger side short shaft. I knew I should have replaced that oil seal, it didn't look all that great when I had the diff apart. Looks like I'll be pulling that cv again and get that short shaft out. I think I can do it all with the diff still installed. (errr... I hope )
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Looks like I'll be pulling that cv again and get that short shaft out. I think I can do it all with the diff still installed. (errr... I hope )
    You should be able to pull it out with just the inner CV off . . . just takes a bit of persuading with a pry bar
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Prybar or prybars time.
    My signature

elockers and 2wd are awesome!

My signature

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567