Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: elocker and axle stuff

Re: elocker and axle stuff

I thought there was also a cable shift alternative if you are interested . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Yes, Downey makes a cable shift. Hard to find reviews on it.

Looks like Sean and Bob, got me covered on the wiring. Thanks guys!!!!

Just need a few parts from NTP and I'm good to go. Pulling my thirds this weekend.
    My signature

Having the e-locker will make your life much easier. I thought about the Downey deal for about 5 seconds.....if the motor was bad on the locker it may be a good idea, but otherwise I think its a bad idea.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Bump for my parts request!!!!!!!

Also, since my third that I just pulled has the ABS sensor in the top of the third member and the elocker third does not have a spot for it, what have you all done with your ABS sensor? I think this mainly applies to 2nd gens as the 3rd gens seem to have the sensor in the axle housing near the backing plates. I've read a ton of "writeups" and they all seem to leave this detail out.
    My signature

Mine is zip tied to the frame rail somewhere. I need to figure out the abs light now, it's kinda annoying.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

paddlenbike, said he'd figure it out for us
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by Marc P
    Having the e-locker will make your life much easier. I thought about the Downey deal for about 5 seconds.....if the motor was bad on the locker it may be a good idea, but otherwise I think its a bad idea.
    for me, if the motor ever died on the trail, i could go in and remove the actuator motor, slide the collar over with a screw driver and reinstall the motor (to keep the dirt out). not ideal but a good thing to know if you really really needed the locker and the motor went out.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Lance, thanks for moving this thread.

Since this was getting techy and due to the ABS issue, I changed the first post and this is now for tech.

What tap size do I need to get? I know it is 8mm but what is the thread pitch?
    My signature

M8-1.25
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    M8-1.25
    Thanks! Did you get your package yet?
    My signature

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast