Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: elocker and axle stuff

Re: elocker and axle stuff

my swaybar hugs the diff so tight, that you actually have to remove it just to pull the 3rd, maybe the 3rd gen's take into account that some had the elocker and made room for it.

If you could take a pic of your bar that would be sweet.

My signature

haha yea i remember mine being pretty tight, il have to find it, i have NO clue where it is.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I found a couple pics online, I just need to snap a pic of mine now. April broke my camera!!!
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    April broke my camera!!!

sure you didnt just turn it sideways!!!!!!!!

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

she spiked it like she just scored the winning touchdown
    My signature

i love you very much chris...

pending testing, its ready to go!
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Sean, you rock!!!
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Okay, one more thing I didn't know. Apparently, 2nd gen 4runners can not reinstall their rear swaybar due to the elocker actuator being in the way.

How about you 3rd gens, were you able to reinstall your swaybar? Does anyone have a pic of a 3rd gen swaybar (rear)? If anyone has one sitting around, I may try to get some measurements from you.
    chris,

my rear sway bar fit w/o any problems. i'm going to the junkyard this weekend, do you want me to get one for you?

bob

Bob, thanks for the offer. I think I'll hold off on it though. I need to look better at mine, I may even be able to use a spacer on mine. I also need to find a 3rd gen to crawl under to see what the differences are as far as mounting, etc...
    My signature

I don't have a pic of mine yet, but here is a pic of a 3rd gen:

Top is the OEM and the bottom is an Addco:

The center on mine is shaped like a bell curve instead of going up, flat, then going back down. That's where it runs into a problem, since it doesn't leave room for the actuator.

Sean (or anyone else for that matter), when you find yours, could you measure across from end to end where the links will attach (top on the pic) and across the bottom before it bends up to where the links attach (bottom on the pic from 90* bend to 90* bend).

I'll try to get pics of mine with April's camera.

My signature

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast