Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air storage tank mounting options

Air storage tank mounting options

Looking for ideas on where to mount an air storage tank on my 2000 4Runner. Possibly mounted to the frame on the passenger side, inside the spare tire rim or elsewhere. Anyone have pics of their installation?

Re: Air storage tank mounting options

I posted on Pirate asking the same question and didn't get too far. I think I'm going to look at the rear bumper. I might make a fiderglass/PVC 3-4" tank and mount it inside the rear bumper. Problem is I'll have the pull the bumper to mess around. I was thinking behind the front bumper as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I posted on Pirate asking the same question and didn't get too far. I think I'm going to look at the rear bumper. I might make a fiderglass/PVC 3-4" tank and mount it inside the rear bumper. Problem is I'll have the pull the bumper to mess around. I was thinking behind the front bumper as well.
    You're gunna get Wabbit all excited with talk like that!! LOL Any pressure tank needs to be properly engineered and certified so you don't have a ticking time bomb.

There are tons of sizes and configurations to choose from. I've been thinking about putting a 3 gallon tank under that plastic guard under the drivers side door. There is a pretty fair amount of room right there.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

I've read his post about ASME certified tanks and what not. I was thinking about a PVC tube that is reinforced with fiberglass. Sure it's risky but that's my middle name.

What plastic cover are you talking about? Viair has 0.5, 1, 2.5 gallon tanks but without one in hand it's hard to think of where I'd put one. I'm checking out a 3 gallon one from craigslist tomorrow. The guy wants $20 so I might buy it just to have it on hand.

Pressurized PVC is not risky...it is STUPID.

Lots of good quality tanks for reasonable $$$.

I've read his post about ASME certified tanks and what not. I was thinking about a PVC tube that is reinforced with fiberglass. Sure it's risky but that's my middle name.

What plastic cover are you talking about? Viair has 0.5, 1, 2.5 gallon tanks but without one in hand it's hard to think of where I'd put one. I'm checking out a 3 gallon one from craigslist tomorrow. The guy wants $20 so I might buy it just to have it on hand.
    I might be able to snap a pic. It's basically under the drivers side doors. I'd make a mock up of the different sizes out of card board and just start seeing where it will fit.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Quote Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
    Pressurized PVC is not risky...it is STUPID.

Lots of good quality tanks for reasonable $$$.

It's just hard to find a place to fit those in a relatively stock rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich_870

I might be able to snap a pic. It's basically under the drivers side doors. I'd make a mock up of the different sizes out of card board and just start seeing where it will fit.

Erich
    I'll have to give that a try.

cheap and works perect

[img width=800 height=598]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc245/tonytoolpimp/misc%20pictures/P1010017-1.jpg[/img]

Looks good. Where can I find a tank like that?

Looks like it came from one of these:

Wheelbarrow Compressor

Maybe find someone selling one with a busted motor on craigslist
    My signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast