Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air storage tank mounting options

Re: Air storage tank mounting options

I've been looking of CL for the past month for the little oil less compressors. Even if it's broken you can use the couplers, gages, pressure switch and tank. Problem is that around me the tanks are too big or the seller wants too much for it. There was a nice one for 15 bucks but the tanks were big. The other thing is that the 2 tanks were joined by a welded tube so you'd have to weld and plug it. Other bummer is that it only had one port. Multiple ports would be nice so you could drain it, add a filter, coupler and maybe a gage depending on it's location.

X-tool pimp, if I had a truck bed and no spare in the factory location I would stick something in that location. Those tanks look similar to the ones I got here:

Acme Truck Parts & Equipment, Inc.
    New, Used & Rebuilt Truck Parts, Drive-lines, Engines, Standard and Allison Transmissions, Differentials, Truck Dismantling, Steering Gears & Truck Sales

Phone: 209-946-4615

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I've been looking of CL for the past month for the little oil less compressors. Even if it's broken you can use the couplers, gages, pressure switch and tank. Problem is that around me the tanks are too big or the seller wants too much for it. There was a nice one for 15 bucks but the tanks were big. The other thing is that the 2 tanks were joined by a welded tube so you'd have to weld and plug it. Other bummer is that it only had one port. Multiple ports would be nice so you could drain it, add a filter, coupler and maybe a gage depending on it's location.
    Looks like I've had some competition and didn't know it...I've been scowering CL for a few weeks now looking for the same thing!

I'm going out to Roseville after work to look/buy the 3 gallon tank from some guy.

I found this this morning:
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/843728485.html
    $80 for a Rol Air compressor. Those things usually go for $300 new. The tank is nice and flat but I can't see it fitting under the 4runner.

This is the kind of thing I was looking for but for like $30 and in town. The tanks could be cleaned up and brackets welded if necessary.
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/843020601.html
    or http://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/841124185.html

I've got a tank and a compressor, and most of the fittings; just never figured where to put it all, and how to get the mounting brackets I need. Sucks not being able to weld!
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

Have you mounted the compressor? Or do you have it free and use battery clamps? How big is your tank?
    I think an electric compressor is best mounted underhood. They are pretty loud to be mounted inside plus they get hot and take up room.

Hain't done nothin'. It is battery-clips in a tool box right now. I have seen a bracket made that goes around the battery box and bolts there and to the front by the radiator overflow that the extremeaire (what I have) bolts to. Just haven't gotten around to getting one fabbed. :-(
    Scott
    2017 blue 4runner ORP / Shrockwork sliders, RCI skids, and a small pile of not-yet-installed bits.
    (Proud recipient of $22,000 in damage within the first five months of ownership. Darnit.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12