Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Annual Pismo 4Runner Jamboree Oct. 12-14, '07

5th Annual Pismo 4Runner Jamboree Oct. 12-14, '07

Ladies and gents,

It's time for the 5th Annual Pismo 4RJ! This trip will be planned by locals like me and Cabbage as well as the same guys who planned the previous Pismo 4RJs, so you know its gonna be good!
    Dates of event: October 12th-14th, 2007

Event Documentations in PDF
    Table of Contents
    General Information
    Emergency Information
    Event Schedule
    Event Sponsor Listing
    Raffle Listing
    Oceano Dunes SVRA
    UltimateYota Waiver
    UltimateYota Adventure Event Rules

(Reservations)
    http://www.reserveamerica.com/ca/Oce...&parkId=120065

Price to camp is $10.00 per night and it covers one vehicle and one legally towed vehicle.
    Day use is $5.00 or you can buy a year pass for $50.00 that is good for all California SVRAs. Day use passes are good till 11pm.

Camp Area Info:

Once you are in the park, head South down the beach. The camp area will be right at pole #6.
    The camp will be between the high tide line and the restrooms which are a couple hundred yards in towards the dunes. We should be the biggest group out there that weekend so we should be pretty easy to spot.
    For those that have GPS here are the coordinates:
    N35 03.790 W120 37.671

Communication:
    CB channel- 16
    FMRS (little motorolas) channnel: 14 privacy code 0

Links
    http://www.classiccalifornia.com/
    http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1207
    http://oceanodunes.org/index.php
    http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_g...eano_dunes.htm
    http://www.slostateparks.com/oceano_dunes/default.asp
    http://www.classic-california.com/tides.htm Tide info: depending on how much water is flowing in the creek, this may be very useful for knowing when to arrive and cross the creek.
    http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=21949 Explanation of why tide info is important

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    Safety Information

[size=10pt]As always, call 911 first in case of dire health related or safety emergency.

If you have an incident requiring hospitalization, here is a map to the best emergency center in the area, according to my doctor friend who lives in Pismo Beach. The hospital is roughly 5 miles away, but very easy to get to:

Arroyo Grande Hospital
    345 S. Halcyon Rd
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    805-473-7650[/size]

Save this as a PDF and print from your printer: http://www.4runners.org/image/pismo/HOSPITAL-PISMO.pdf I highly suggest if you are attending this event, print out a color copy (best) and put a copy in your glove box.

See you guys out there!

Bob

EDIT:

An alternative/quicker, but more twisty route from south entrance:

Head eastbound on Pier Ave
    Right on Route 1 (Front St)
    Left on Belridge St
    Left on 13th St
    Right on the Pike
    Left on S. Halcyon Rd

Note: This route is not arrow routed nor visible on the PDF map.

Some suggested items to bring for dune running and camping:

Spare set of keys (sand can have a funny way of swallowing up important things)
    Water for drinking, cleaning, etc... especially if you are camping
    If tent camping, some kind of sand stakes or at least heavy items to leave in the corners of your tent.
    Toilet Paper
    Warm clothes (it can really cool off at night)
    Wet weather gear (we'll keep an eye on the weather as it gets closer)
    Small broom and dustpan for those tent camping (it won't take you long to figure out why you need it)
    Shovel (helpfull for many things in the sand, in the camp and while out on the dunes)
    Snatch strap (no metal hooks!)
    CB or at least some of those little handheld family radios (we will run both)
    Piece of plywood or other wood to put your jack on to keep it from sinking in the sand in the event you need to use it.
    Fire Extinguisher
    First Aid kit (we will have some out there, but it is always a great idea to have a small stocked one in your vehicle)
    ....more to come as I think of other things

List of those planning on attending:

Slosurfer +2 (wife and 3 yr. old son) '93 4runner and '07 Taco Dcab, 12th-14th
    Cabbage '01 Tacoma, 12th-14th
    Bob_98SR5 +1 '98 4runner, 12th-14th
    Goodtimes '03 4runner, 12th-14th
    Salad_man +1 '88 Truck, 12th-14th
    MorphiasX +1 '90 Truck, 12th-14th
    Guest of Salad_man +1 '06 Tacoma prerunner LT, 12th-14th
    expatoz +1 (boy 11) 04 4runner, 13th
    iceman601 '97 4runner 2wd 13th
    norcalsvx '94 Hilux, 12th-14th
    PreRun4Run '84 4runner, (subscribing)
    BruceTS '99 4runner, 12th-14th
    Flip Dog '03 4runner, 12th-14th
    L33T35T 4Runner '85 4runner, 12th-14th
    L33T35T guest '92 4runner, 12th-14th
    JnJ +2 (daughter almost 2) '86 4runner, 12th-14th (have reservations)
    Ahriman (tentative)
    JohnD +2 '05 4runner
    boogeyman +1 '00 Tacoma, 12th-14th (have reservations)
    bulldog '05 4runner (tentative)
    AllJumpStyle ? , 12th-14th
    SeansOrz '98 4Runner (tentative)
    UKMyers '93 4runner, 12th-14th +1
    xonetruthcrewx +2 (19mo. daughter) '01 4Runner, 12th-14th
    Havik +1 '85 4runner, 13th
    bigarms23 '88 4runner 13th
    SC05TACO '05 Tacoma, 12th-14th
    chiefiji +1 '04 4runner, 12th-14th
    elripster 12th-14th
    cplvc '96 4runner, 12th and 13th
    superyota 12th-14th
    YotRacer158 '04 Tacoma +1
    TC4RNR '94 4runner
    MysTicZ '05 4runner 2wd
    MysTicZ guest '05 4runner
    liftedtacoma
    nzanesmith '01 Tacoma +1
    Cooldry +2 (1yr.old) Landcruiser 80
    slowheelin +1 '93 4runner
    Tracker +3 (kids 12 and 1.5) 86 4runner
    Tracker's guest +3 (kids 5 and2) '92 4runner
    papa_smurf +3 FJ Cruiser
    KGcliford '94 4runner
    TrackRunner 2000 4runner
    fishy98t100 '98 T100
    Inspectorgadgets Tacoma
    stormtaco Tacoma
    BruceBruce
    Sandoval '05 Dodge Powerwagon
    Simon +1 Old Jeep

# of vehicles: 50

VERY Tentative Schedule:
    Friday:
    Arrive and set up camp. Meet and greet as people and rigs arrive. Play around the dunes at your leisure. Fun nighttime dune driving.

Saturday:
    8am- Early dune run for those that want a quick tour of the dunes
    9:30 am- Group Vehicle and People Photo: we will try to line up in a single file; if too long, then we will do two rows. Also, we will do a group photo---yes, we should take pictures of ourselves!
    10am- Some kind of group event to be determined (poker run, observation run, gps games, etc...)
    12:30- Lunch
    6pm.- Clam Chowder Bread Bowls from Splash Cafe!
    7pm.- Raffle and "Can You Believe I Own This Shirt" contest
    All you need for this contest is to bring your funniest, most embarrassing, shirt and wear it for the contest. The crowd will be the judges and the winner will receive an Utimate Yota t-shirt.

Sunday:
    Pack up
    Trail run for those that are interested. We will hit the Chevron Station to air up and fuel for those that need it. Hi Mtn. Rd. up to Hi Mtn. Lookout (2WD friendly), from there we will have a few options. For those with 4wd and not too concerned about brush scratches, they can do some of Garcia Ridge Trail, others can continue on Hi Mtn Rd. to Pozo (and then out to Hwy 101), or others could backtrack on Hi Mtn. Rd. to Hwy 101. (I will provide directions and I will post them here with GPS coord. so you can copy them yourself also).

*Jenn of JnJ has been nice enough to volunteer to come up with some activities for the kids. If you are bringing kids, please post up their ages so that Jenn can have a decent idea of the age groups and how many. Also, if you have any ideas let either me or Jenn know. Jenn, thanks again!*

T-shirts! Get your event t-shirts!

T-shirts can be previewed right here.
    Note: nevermind the price listed on that website, I don't want any ordered off there yet, but if you are willing to pay that price then go for it.

Back of adult shirt

All shirt preorders need to be in by Sept. 9th.
    That should give me plenty of time to get the sponsor's names on them, order them and have a little leeway in case I need to send them back.

Shirt ordering info:

Adult shirt- $18.00 Natural or Ash Grey
    Women's shirt- $18.00 Light Yellow or Light Pink
    Kids shirt- $17.00 White or Ash Grey
    Toddler shirt- $12.00 White, Pink, or Yellow
    Hoodie- $28.00 Ash Grey

The shirts will be available for pickup at the event. If you want a shirt and cannot make the event, add $5.00 for shipping. All shipped t-shirts will be sent out the day after the event.

Send paypal payment to (stoveck_one@hotmail.com) Make sure to include your name and screenname, sizes, color, and type of shirt. The preview link above has the shirts and sizes that are available for each shirt. If you don't have paypal, send me a pm and I will give you my address to send a check.
    Once again orders need to be in by Sept. 9th.

Please support the businesses that are donating for this event
    See next post for the raffle prize list.

Thanks,
    SloSurfer

[Edit - Good Times - event documents added in pdf format]
    My signature

Please support our event sponsors!

Thank you to those businesses who have contributed!

www.ultimateyota.com(stickers)

www.sierraexpeditions.com (2 quick fists, 1 super quick fists, 1 mini quick fists, 1 Lev O Guage, 1 no loss valve caps, stickers)

www.toyteclifts.com ($50 gift certificate, stickers, and pens for everyone)

www.WabFab.org (hi-lift slider adapter, sticker, and tshirt)

www.cruiserland.com (25 t-shirts with special 4runner design, coloring books for the kids, and stickers)

www.trail-gear.com (knuckle service kit and a ton of stickers)

www.winchline.com (5 $50 gift certificates)

www.12voltguy.com (In-cab winch control panel)

www.polyperformance.com (event bag and special discount coupon for all participants)

www.advanceadapters.com ($200 gift certificate, 3 t-shirts, and stickers)

www.toyotaoffroadparts.com (RC FJ Cruiser, 9 t-shirts, and a bunch of backpacks, beer cozies, and tire gauges)

www.staunproducts.com (2 sets of standard (6-30psi) tire deflators, 2 Harry’s Shifting into 4WD book)

www.overlandjournal.com (2 one year subscriptions with hats, stickers)

www.sdori.com (a set of balljoint spacers and a pair of D-ring mounts)

Josh at Tubingworks Fab 619 438 1160 ($100 gift certificate for fab work)

www.urdusa.com ($50 gift certificate, Flex Fit hats, and stickers)

www.burtmanindustries.com (3 $20 gift certificates towards lift kit or dash kit)

www.splashcafe.com (hooking us up with Clam Chowder Bread Bowls at a discount and supplying all the utensils, napkins, etc...)

www.4wdtoyotaowner.com (4 free subscriptions, and a bunch of stickers)

www.marlincrawler.com (stickers, 2 shirts, 5 beanies and a $25 gift certificate)

www.warn.com (winch hook loop straps and stickers)

Please remember these businesses that help to support our sport when it comes time to order stuff for your rig.
    My signature

Re: Inaugural UYPismoJam

chris,

totally agree. we can still call it the pismo 4rj. after all, steve, tom and i created the darn thing! hey, im all for doing it before or after the summer season. personally, id rather do it sooner than later. before may 25th.

chris, can you spearhead this trip since you are a local yokel? hows the weather in late april?

bob

Make sure you use the "link to calendar" when a date is chosen!
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    chris,

totally agree. we can still call it the pismo 4rj. after all, steve, tom and i created the darn thing! hey, im all for doing it before or after the summer season. personally, id rather do it sooner than later. before may 25th.

chris, can you spearhead this trip since you are a local yokel? hows the weather in late april?

bob
    I can do that, the only problem for me is that I may be booked solid on weekends till the 25th. I have to check with April on the dates, but starting with Easter, I have some damn thing to go to everyweekend. My bro's batchelor party in SF, his wedding the next weekend, a wedding the weekend after that, april's cousin's graduation from med school in SF another weekend, my grandpa's 80th bday bash, and I am sure I am missing something. I may be wrong, but I think the weekend of May 19th is open. June is open and most of July. Last week of July and 1st week of August the inlaws are in town. After that I am free.

The weekend of May 19th may work out pretty good. I think that may be early enough in the season. Spring and Fall are probably the best weather at the beach. Fog is always an option, especially when it gets hot inland. I actually like riding around there when it's nice and cool, the overcast sky makes for great lighting for photos also. Pismo 4RJ works for me, wasn't sure if you wanted to change it or not. If it is during a time I can go, I will definately spearhead it, even if I can't go I will be able to help out in the planning. I'll have to get Milton involved, he knows those dunes like the back of his hand.
    My signature

chris,

may 19th works for me too.
    bob

I cant do may 19th... i have this lil thing called graduation i should be at......
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    I cant do may 19th... i have this lil thing called graduation i should be at......
    What makes that any different than any other day at college.
    Its not like you showed up to every class.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Added some links to the first post for those that want to read up on the dunes and surrounding area. I will add more as I find them. Some ideas that I have been thinking of: (some are totally from other events I have been to, I don't want to copy but just some ideas)

Poker run (w/ prizes would be really cool)
    Raffle (not needed but would be cool)(SNT combined the poker run and raffle, was really cool)
    Potluck w/ a chef contest (would need some good participation to make it work otherwise just a potluck)
    Trail run in the local mountains (could be the last day, pack up hit a trail run, eat lunch, and head home)
    Some kind of game or something for the significant others that we drag along to these things (sand drags if you are brave enough to turn over your keys)

Give me some more ideas!

My signature

Bumpitty, bumpitty..... Need input on dates! The fall may be better just to give people time to plan and to get more participation as the word spreads. May 19th also works for me. If we pick a fall date, we could always plan a "prerun" for May 19th.

When is the UY merchandise going to be available?
    My signature

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast