Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Norcal Shops

Looking For Norcal Shops

Hi Guys/Gals,

I am looking for a shop in the Norcal area who carry King or Swayaway suspensions kits and install. Also I am hoping the same shop can do a rear diff gear upgrade and install a rear arb locker system.

Any suggestion please.

Thanks.
    2005 T4R Silver SR5 V6 4WD with Mods!<br /><br />IFS 4WD Conversion done!

Re: Looking For Norcal Shops

Nor cal is a big area, did you try the yellow pages.

Yeah, how Norcal are you talking. What;s your budget? Looks like you're going to be spending some coin.

About 25-50 miles around the San Francisco area preferred. I did do search in the yellow pages but I am not sure which of those have actual experience working on 4th gens toyota's. I figured someone in UY has experience using a local shop.

Price wise I am flexible as long as it is reasonable, with my work schedule I could never take on a project like this.

Thanks again.

I wouldn't worry too much about the "4th gen" part as you have the sr5 so the lift install would be exactly the same as a 3rd gen. The lift itself is a simple install that any shop with lift install experience will have zero problems installing the lift.

The gear install would be something I would actually look deeper into. A flawed install can you give headaches and a lot of $ for repairs and what not so I would recommend that you find a dedicated gear head shop to do the gear installs and another shop just for the lift.

I know Fresno is a bit too far but if you want to make the trek over, you can always go to Marlin Crawler for the gear install. I believe there's a few decent shops in San Jose that you might be able to find.

Hopefully someone in the area can chime in with some good info.
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Thank again for the suggestions Lance, I searched the net and found a few places specializing in each project. So far as you said I cannot find a shop that will do both or can do both well.

So my first project shop I am looking for is one that can install a 2.5-3 inch King or SwayAway Coilover fronts and new Springs and Shocks for the rear.

Second project a shop to change my gears to a 456 ratio and install a ARB air locker with lines and on board compressor.

Any suggestion on these shops with 50 miles of San Francisco. Also a shop that can get this done before Pismo meet.

Thanks again all.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    I wouldn't worry too much about the "4th gen" part as you have the sr5 so the lift install would be exactly the same as a 3rd gen. The lift itself is a simple install that any shop with lift install experience will have zero problems installing the lift.

The gear install would be something I would actually look deeper into. A flawed install can you give headaches and a lot of $ for repairs and what not so I would recommend that you find a dedicated gear head shop to do the gear installs and another shop just for the lift.

I know Fresno is a bit too far but if you want to make the trek over, you can always go to Marlin Crawler for the gear install. I believe there's a few decent shops in San Jose that you might be able to find.

Hopefully someone in the area can chime in with some good info.

I don't know about shops, but one thing that my help timewise (not sure if it is possible on a 4th gen). Have the shop installing the lift, pull your rear third and front diff and you can take them to the gear shop. Then return them to the shop and have them install them. Might save you some time.

There may be some good toyota shops up closer to the Rubicon who could do the whole thing.

Have you asked Andries (bulldog) over on toyota120? Isn't he from the bay area?
    My signature

Thanks Chris, Good idea except the part of the front diff, my Runner is still 2wd. I have been looking for a 4wd SUV but none found so far, So I am building up this Runner as a Pre-Runner style.

Thanks again and see you at Pismo.
    Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    I don't know about shops, but one thing that my help timewise (not sure if it is possible on a 4th gen). Have the shop installing the lift, pull your rear third and front diff and you can take them to the gear shop. Then return them to the shop and have them install them. Might save you some time.

There may be some good toyota shops up closer to the Rubicon who could do the whole thing.

Have you asked Andries (bulldog) over on toyota120? Isn't he from the bay area?

I forgot about the 2wd part. Then it should be pretty easy. These guys may be able to do it all. Might be too far though.

http://www.davezoffroadperformance.com/index.html

doesn't look like he sells those kits though

My signature

Have you looked at these:

http://swayaway.com/DealerLinks.php

My signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast