Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CB-Radio's

CB-Radio's

If anyone knows of a good one Im all ears. Thanks, 2000taco

Re: CB-Radio's

what is a "linger"?
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Well, im not the best a spelling. But, I can explain it to ya. Its pretty much a power amp that makes your transmision go farther. I hope this helps. Thanks for the reply.

linear amplifier. No I have no idea what you are talking about.

Im not sure how else to explain it to ya, I know they use them in 18 wheelers to be able to talk father cause my dad has one. But, pretty much what I was askin was which radio would yall recomend so that I could talk the farthist

If you are looking for distance, then a ham radio is what you want. Not sure about cb radios though, I think they do make amplifiers for them.
    My signature

A regular off the shelf cb is restricted by the antenna. For best results and distance get a quality antenna and place it on top of your vehicle. This isn't practical for everyone so they pick the bumper or cargo bed. Once you do this you begin to lose distance unless there is skip. I like my lil Wil whip. It's a magnet whip on the roof of my 4runner. I take the whip out when I'm not using it and the base doesn't stick up any more than my Yakima rack does.

Not all newer CB's are modable. Some of the older ones are and modded ones can be had on the internet.

Thanks man this helps. 2000taco

4x4mike, what kinda cb are you runnin, and how far can ya talk. thanks for the reply, yeah ive got a ol Undion I think is how ya spell it on my jeep with dual 8' wip's but still not too pleased with it but it could be me just not knowin how to work the thang too. Again thanks.

This may sound lame, but I have the cobra roadtrip hand held with a wilson whip antennae. Works well for me. I got this one instead of a hardwired version because i wanted to be able to take it with me when I'm on foot. I agree with Mike about antennae being more of a determining factor than the radio. When I was doing my research, if you want a hardwired one, i heard the Cobra 75WXST is pretty good. takes up very little space. I was going to get that one, but decided to go the portable route.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast