Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CB-Radio's

Re: CB-Radio's

actually the problem with the 75wxst is its microphone which isn't great.

i use the cobra Cobra 19DXIV with a high quality estatic mic and i am about 100 times clearer, not garbled... picture charlie brown's mom or whatever

distance is all in your amplification and antenna... i dont know very much about it though.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by 2000taco
    Im not sure how else to explain it to ya, I know they use them in 18 wheelers to be able to talk father cause my dad has one. But, pretty much what I was askin was which radio would yall recomend so that I could talk the farthist
    I used to run a Texas Star 1000w linear amp and a Superstar 2950. I once used to sell linear amps, but stopped cause people turn to idiots with power. Just go with a Cobra and be happy with 5 watts. If you want a linear amp, get a Ham license and buy one off the shelf. They are illegal to use in the 11 meter band (CB) but, the only people who enforce the laws are cb'ers. We used to pin the coax on abusers (boom!).

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    We used to pin the coax on abusers (boom!).

Do you mean physically stick a pin through the coax antenna cable (short the lead to the shielding)?
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Ive got the Cobra 18 WXII, its been tuned and peaked, works great for what I use it for

Fits perfect, has a front firing speaker, that IMO was a little weak, with the windows done driving at highway speeds, so I added an external speaker
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    We used to pin the coax on abusers (boom!).

Do you mean physically stick a pin through the coax antenna cable (short the lead to the shielding)?
    Yes, its evil. Especially when someone keys up with a few hundred watts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12