Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crying over trees...

Re: Crying over trees...

Too funny!

I live in Santa Cruz, I believe its hippie central. Its funny every house built before 1975 is out of redwood, and thats where the hippies live.

A hippie fell off a bridge, near where I work, and drowned. A sad story really, the river had its highest pullution content in years. I feel sorry for the steelhead.

It's the "crying over trees" Hippies meets the "make out behind newscaster" guys

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

You know, I love the trees and it does sadden me to see nature destroyed unneccessarily and wastefully, but this is a TAD over the edge melodrama. Just people wanting attention.

I see this with animal rescuers, too. (Since I'm "in the field".) What's interesting is that more often than not, it's more about the people and less about the animals.
    "All I know can be shown by your acceptance of the facts that are shown before you..."

Quote Originally Posted by thook
    it's more about the people and less about the animals.
    if people are animals, why cant we euthanize them???
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

I was thinking about this vid today. It occurs to me that this is what happens when emotionalism consumes rational cognition. We are all motivated by different means in various degrees. However, those of us who tend to make decisions or act impulsively based upon more emotion than reason usually have less control over the consequences equal to the degree of extremity.

It appears to me that some of these folks have entered into a state wherein emotionalism begets greater emotionalism from a partner which is then magnified and encouraged in the same sense that an eplieptic seizure begins with small signals on one side of the brain sent to the other side and is then returned with increased intensity and grows stronger each time it is sent and received until there is a malfunction.

This is not to say that they are epileptic. It is to say that they escalate based on stimulus received/sent. I think through this method, they have lost perspective and project upon external objects and scenarios their own sentiments about themselves. This is the danger of making decisions based on emotions...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12