Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which knife to get

Re: Which knife to get

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    I like my Ed Haligan KISS knife (Keep It Super Simple). It's a single side blade design (handle fits snug against the sharp edge), looks inconspicuous as a money clip and is always in my waistband. I've had mine for longer than I can remember and use it for everything, they also have a partial serrated blade

Manufacturer: CRKT
    Name: crkt k.i.s.s. tanto C series
    Model: CR-5500C
    Blade edge: plain edge
    Blade Length: 2.25"
    Closed Length: 3.5"
    Overall Length: 5.75"
    Steel: 420 J2 54-56 HRC
    Finish: bead blast
    Weight: 2.3 oz
    Clip: stainless pocket
    Retail: $46.70
    with the blade exposed like that, can't you accidently cut yourself. It looks unsafe.

Quote Originally Posted by cooldry
    with the blade exposed like that, can't you accidently cut yourself. It looks unsafe.
    no, the blade is completely flat on the side that is near the handle. so when closed the sharp edge of the blade is flush with the side of the handle, no way for anything to touch the sharp bits. like this (backslash and underscore is the blade, lowercase "l" is the handle)

__l
    \ l
    \l
    l
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

My daily carry is a SOG Twitch XL, had it for 2+ years and really like it for daily use. It's slim, relatively cheap, has a pocket clip, and opens with one hand very quickly.The pocket clip is great for quick access. http://sogknives.com/store/TWI-20.html

The only size restriction that I am aware of is on school property (K-12) where it drops to somewhere around 2". Before 9-11 the FAA carry restriction was 4".
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

I use a leatherman, and in my profession, its the most valuable tool I own.

Benchmade with axis lock. This is the only type of locking mechanism I will carry now because it is so smooth.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12