Thread: FJ Cruiser Rear Springs & Spacer Lift Installed

FJ Cruiser Rear Springs & Spacer Lift Installed

As some of you may know (from the other forums) I purchased a set of FJCruiser springs for $55 to my door. A while ago I installed the front springs to help 'level' the T4R a bit.

I installed the rear springs yesterday and some CF ¾” front spacers. The CF spacers are well, small spacers; no negatives with a little lift. We all know that story. FYI- they are 'preload' rather than topout spacers.

The rear springs are great! They are exactly the same length as stock ones when unloaded (sitting on the garage floor). They have a thicker barstock material and a full extra coil. The rear of my T4R rides about 1/4-1/2” higher (if that). It definitely feels better… The slightly firmer coils make it handle even better and I think it’ll carry a load better. There's no real degradation of ride quality above 20mph, in fact I think it rides better. I said the same of the fronts when I installed them. I think FJCruiser springs should be the stock springs for the T4R.

Overall I love the setup, my only regret is that I didn’t install the rear springs sooner. If I were starting at day 1 with a V6 T4R I would do the FJ springs with a ¾” lift spacer all at once. I have less than $300 into modding to my suspension (including Airlift, excluding swaybar bushings). I have appreciably improved looks, drive quality and clearance. If anyone wants to upgrade on the ‘cheap’ and they find a set of FJC springs should do it!

And yes, I know, pics coming soon!

[SIZE=2]Chris<br />07 T4R SR5, V6, 4wd, Salsa, Sunroof, JBL upgrade, Toyota Sirius kit, AirLift 1000, Cyclone pre-cleaner, FJCruiser front springs, aux transmission cooler, Hidden Hitch receiver, Rear Axle Vent Mod, Swaybar Bushing Upgrade, VSC-off Switch

Re: FJ Cruiser Rear Springs & Spacer Lift Installed

Sounds good, looking forward to the pics.

What's involved with the actual swap (hint hint, writeup)?
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Sweet that is good info to have.
    96 4Runner SR5 B&amp;M trans cooler, H.I.D conversion

Thanks for the replies guys. I may get to the write up but it's very standard. It's the same procedure as a spacer lift with slightly different parts.

The 1st pic is new. It has the 3/4" spacer lift and 4 FJC springs in it. It measures 20.25" from the center of the hub to the wheel lip on level ground.

This one is just FJC front springs...

You can see the front end changed a bit but I can't see any difference in the rear. I know the photo angles are less than perfect.

This one is totally stock.

[SIZE=2]Chris<br />07 T4R SR5, V6, 4wd, Salsa, Sunroof, JBL upgrade, Toyota Sirius kit, AirLift 1000, Cyclone pre-cleaner, FJCruiser front springs, aux transmission cooler, Hidden Hitch receiver, Rear Axle Vent Mod, Swaybar Bushing Upgrade, VSC-off Switch