Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th Annual Pismo 4runner Jamboree Pics

6th Annual Pismo 4runner Jamboree Pics

Had a blast ...will upload a few only for now, got a flight to catch. Huge props to those who put this event together

97 4runner Limited<br />2wd---&gt;4wd Conversion

Re: 6th Annual Pismo 4runner Jamboree Pics

Sand Sand everywhere, where is that rock garden I heard about ? Looks like a good get together.

I bet it was a blast!

looks like a good time. for those of us who weren't able to attend: WE NEED MORE ACTION SHOTS! I wanna see massive sand roost . . .

Quote Originally Posted by iceman601
    I like the tent, it's connected to the rear of the 'runner, right? What's that bit coming off of the tent to the left in the picture?
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

it was a hoot. i got a late start friday night after work, had to wire/mount 2 lightforce 240's on the bumper alos fitting a mini skid plate between the bumper and engine skid plate. i pulled in 6am saturday morning, it was cold and wet. i didn't make a reservation in advance that ended up me leaving at 11pm because i couldn't get a camping pass.

i was so tired to take pictures due to lack of sleep, here is the group pic:

[img width=800 height=600]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w38/tonniechengca/99%20SR5/DSCN0050.jpg[/img]

i was too chicken to try this during daytime:

but we did went out for a late night run, the darkness brought up my courage( basically because i couldn't see what the hell i was getting myself into) i did go through some big drops and climbbed some big ridges, at the last one, i was airborn and landed hard while in 2nd gear 4wd Hi wide open throttle, and that lack of experience caused a big cloud of black smoke coming from under the truck, "i think i toasting my brand new marlin clutch"....duh! thanks to fellow members of the group led me out after the clutch cooled down and i made home without a glitch.

i, so as everybody eles had a great time like always, can't appreciate enough of the organizers and sponsor's who made this fun event a reality.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

This was a blast, Unfortunatley i dont have any highspeed action shots.
    But this was fun.

Many thanks to Chris, Both of them actually, Tofer helped me rebuild my hub on the sandy and windy beach, but we got it working.
    Chris and Lance did a great job setting everything up.
    I had a blast wheeling the dunes and meeting everyone.
    Cant wait till bigbear !!
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Looks great guys!!!
    I'm jealous!!!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Had a great time playing in the big kids sand box with everyone. Only carnage was a sidewall @ Garcia Ridge, but it's better now (thanks road hazard). Hopefully the few pics that Andres had taken get posted. Thanks Chris and Lance for all your hard work.
    Uummmm??? I forget.

I had a great time everybody. got home around 5:30 after many rest stops. I have lots of pictures and video, will be posting them later.

Steven, glad to see you made it home. Get some new tires on that bad boy and it'll be a mean ass truck! I'll text you my myspace address later on.
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Thank you everyone for making the 6th Annual Pismo 4runner Jamboree a great success! We had a total of 47 vehicles over the entire weekend as well a few local stragglers that just showed up to check out the bunch of Toyota's congregating.

Thank you Chris for organizing this event and encouraging many members from other communities/forums to join our Jamboree!

I'd like to personally thank all of the vendors that helped support this event! If you haven't had a chance to see what the vendors donated, here's a great list of the prizes that our members won:

Raffle Prize #1
    Sierra Expeditions - No loss valve cap, pair of quick fists, nozzle quick fist and stickers
    Storm Taco (James) - Shift Knob
    Winning member: JnJ (Jenn)

Raffle Prize #2
    Sierra Expeditions - No loss valve cap, pair of quick fists, nozzle quick fist, ARB tire deflator and stickers
    Winning member: Scooter25 (Scott)

Raffle Prize #3
    WabFab Offroad - Gift certificate for a Hi-Lift slider adapter
    Storm Taco (James) - Shift Knob
    Winning member: Union Jack (Jon)

Raffle Prize #4
    Warn Industries - Recovery strap and a pair of winch gloves
    Winning member: SeanOrz (Sean)

Raffle Prize #5
    12 Volt Guy - $50 gift certificate
    Winning member: SeanOrz (Sean)

Raffle Prize #6
    Sway-A-Way - $50 gift certificate
    Winning member - Javier

Raffle Prize #7
    2nd Gen (Tony) - In cab winch panel
    Yotaworks - Diff armor or U-bolt flip kit
    Winning member - April

Raffle Prize #8
    Total Chaos Fabrications - 03+ 4runner/05+ Tacoma/07+ FJ Cruiser Spindle Gusset
    Monster Energy Drinks - T-Shirt
    Winning member - Auto Shop (Sarah)

Raffle Prize #9
    Total Chaos Fabrications - 96~02 4runner/00~06 Tundra Spindle Gusset
    Monster Energy Drinks - T-shirt
    Winning member - Yotafun (Avy)

Raffle Prize #10
    All Pro Offroad - 25% off gift certificate, t-shirt, dvd, koozie cup and stickers
    Winning member - JnJ (Jenn)

Raffle Prize #11
    San Diego Offroad Innovations LLC - Ball Joint Spacers and 86-95 Front shackle hangers
    Winning member - JnJ (Jenn)

Raffle Prize #12
    San Diego Offroad Innovations LLC - Ball Joint Spacers and 86-95 Front shackle hangers
    Winning member - Scuba (Stephen)

Raffle Prize #13
    Stubbs Welding - Set of HD-SKO Rocksliders
    Winning member - 2nd gen (Tony)

I would also like to personally thank Splash Cafe for generously offering us the clam chowder and chili for those that wanted a warm hearty meal. Thanks also to Demello Offroad, Icon Dynamics, Lightforce, Northridge Toyota, Poly Performance and Sand Addiction Magazine for everything. Please make sure to show your support to all of the vendors that helped support this event as they work hard to make sure we enjoy our hobbies!

This year we featured a new event called the GPS challenge. The purpose of the challenge was to locate 5 GPS coordinates which had a challenge buried at each site. Complete the challenge and return back to base camp. We had a handful of challengers but only 2 members successfully locate and complete the challenge. Here were the 5 coordinates that the challengers had to face:

Site #1
    N 35.03.527 W 120.38.355
    Challenge: What state are we in?

Site #2
    N 35.03.697 W 120.37.736
    Challenge: SAS or LT?

Site #3
    N 35.03.094 W 120.37.271
    Challenge: Which came first; the chicken or the egg?

Site #4
    N 35.03.226 W 120.36.931
    Challenge: 2WD or 4WD?

Site #5
    N 35.02.859 W 120.36.735
    Challenge: What vehicle are you driving?

*** Site #2 proved to be really difficult to find because this coordinate was located right behind the event logistics booth. You had to literally walk around the camp site to find this spot which proved to be challenging and funny to watch

We hope that everyone had a great time out in the dunes. We thank everyone for making this event a great success. We hope that we can expand our GPS challenge next year by adding a few physical challenges this time as well as more participants!

We can't wait until next year and look forward to see all of you again!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast