Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Blade/Knife Thread.

Navigator

Re: The Blade/Knife Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    Kyocera 3" ceramic pairing knife. For the kitchen. Still nice and sharp after having it over a year and using it on a pretty regular basis for peeling apples, slicing fruits and vegetables, slicing chicken/steak/pork..

Also comes in all black if you're wanting tacticool in the kitchen.

My step dad has one of those, very nice kitchen knives!
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

The SOG Flash 1 arrived today. Looks like it's going to be the perfect EDC knife.. small, light, decent blade steel, and the only time I notice it in the pocket is when I dig my keys out.. my hand just barely grazes it. It's also assisted opening. Can't complain for the money.

New with the old

Case XX

Boker is probably 20+ years old.. my stepfather gave it to me probably 12'ish years ago.

Navigator

I need to get a picture of my new one that my girlfriend gave me. It is an assisted opening knife like your new one.. its quite nice
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Fiskars axe-

I bought a 14" hatchet from them since I needed one and wanted to see what the fuss was about. The dang thing is nice! light and sharp out of the box. I havnt swung it more then 10 minutes making kindling but if it holds up like the reviews say then it will be a great value.

^ Watch out! I havent had it happen to me (since i dont own one) but a numebr of them left the factory with a problem where the head isnt properly attached and can fly off!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

I think I might sneak into my tax return and get a Spyderco Paramilitary 1 or 2. Blacked out.. or would like the one with digi cam handles and black blade.. Might have to hold out on that for a while because I also plan on getting a gun with my tax return.

are you sure you are talking about fiskars? the head cant come off unless you break the handle apart. its not a typical hammer a wedge into a wood handle setup. The handle wraps around the steel. its a little concerning when spiting with a chop style axe that the plastic on the head scrapes the wood, but I dont think i'll wear it out.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    I think I might sneak into my tax return and get a Spyderco Paramilitary 1 or 2. Blacked out.. or would like the one with digi cam handles and black blade.. Might have to hold out on that for a while because I also plan on getting a gun with my tax return.
    I love my blacked out Paramilitary. If you get a paramilitary you're gonna want a Military also. If so, get one. Those two are my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    are you sure you are talking about fiskars? the head cant come off unless you break the handle apart. its not a typical hammer a wedge into a wood handle setup. The handle wraps around the steel. its a little concerning when spiting with a chop style axe that the plastic on the head scrapes the wood, but I dont think i'll wear it out.
    Doubly sure i saw a few threads about it elsewhere. Something about the plastic not holding up overtime. But they might have fixed it by now.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Oh! You had me wondering if there was a real problem. I can see they would be suseptable to misuse damage by design. The blade profile I have for instance wont live forever spliting wood, but would be fine in hatchet tasks.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast