Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: The Blade/Knife Thread.

Re: The Blade/Knife Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I love my blacked out Paramilitary. If you get a paramilitary you're gonna want a Military also. If so, get one. Those two are my favorite.
    I'm having a hard time not pulling the trigger on a blacked out, or digi cam/black, paramilitary 2. Very difficult to do!

Still loving the Flash 1. Best $30 I've spent on a knife.

Re: The Blade/Knife Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    I'm really digging this Benchmade Griptilian
    Very bulky handle, i had one until some f'g low life valet snaked it

Took my WW2 era knife to the mobile sharpener guy. He was stoked to work on it and begged me to let him shine the blade up. I was just going to leave the patina. Now it's razor sharp and I can keep it sharp easily now.
    My signature

Today I thought I lost my Gerber EDC (I've been calling it the b!tch knife, since it does whatever I tell it to do). Got me thinking about moving up to something a little better. Also, my EDC refuses to hold an edge anymore, seems like every week it needs sharpening.

I found this: http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1985ST...eywords=1985ST

That's in my price range, has the fancy assisted open that appears to be California friendly, and a serrated blade (a must for me). Thoughts or other suggestions?
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-23-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Not the usual knife for this thread, but unique none the less. The top knife is a general purpose knife that I bought at a little shop we found in downtown Kyoto, Japan, a few months ago. It's all hand made by the knife makers in the back of the shop as can be seen by the lack of perfect lines. They even stamped my name into the handle in kanji. The only downfall is that it's high carbon steel and not stainless steel so it will develop a "patina" very quickly.

The big one is a special sushi knife that my wife picked up in Japan while she was there a few years ago. I call it my sushi sword. Her uncle owns a butcher shop and does a lot of business with a knife company so they sent a salesman to her house to show her various knives. When the wife described it on the phone I didn't realize the measurement was for the blade only and not the overall length, so when she came back with it, it was a bit of a surprise.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I came across this: http://www.knife-depot.com/knife-344791.html

looks pretty decent, especially for the price. I think it would make a good EDC/b!tch knife.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I wish mine had the glass breaking tip in the handle. Comes in handy when you lead a life of crime... or if you want to wear holes in your pants. Nevertheless I wish.

Yeah, I was looking at that and thinking "I will NEVER use that". I would probably find a way to grind it off or otherwise remove it.

I've been carrying the same $25 Gerber AR 2.0 for around .... 12 - 13 years or so? I bought this knife when I was 18, and have carried it virtually everyday since.

-Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Got a couple blades for Christmas and then realized that I had a couple more blades that I have added since my last post.

The CRKT M16-01KZ I bought because I wanted a thin straight. (easy to sharpen) and it was cheap. Figured it would work better for skinning a pig than any of my serrated knives. Haven't really used it at all and now it sits in my range bag and is a back up EDC.

The SOG Twitch II, a friend gave me for helping him with a gun project. Other than it being small, this thing is super awesome! Very sharp and the assisted action is super fast and solid. This has become my "gentleman's" knife, basically my EDC when I am dressed nice. The action on it really makes me want to get a larger SOG with the same action.

The Ka-Bar has been on my want list for a long time (even before I joined the Marines). Bought it for myself for Christmas.

My parents got me the Cabelas Alaskan Guide Buck Skinner for Christmas. Can't wait to make use of this one. I need to make a nice lanyard for this one.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
    My signature

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast