Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW in business attire

CCW in business attire

I've checked most links and have found a variety of options, but I am wondering if anyone else can offer suggestions (weapons, holsters, etc) for carrying in business attire. Slacks, tucked in collared shirt (sometimes a tucked in polo shirt), and usually no jacket.

I have a glock 29, which I am starting to feel may be inadequate for concealed carry in this attire. With an untucked shirt and jeans, sure. I am beginning to lean towards pocket pistols and I have looked at kel-tec's P-3AT and their PF-9

Any suggestions, comments, etc will be greatly appreciated!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: CCW in business attire

Ankle Holster?
    Have you checked out tactical.com

I have thought about that and have yet to try one, my only concern would be, once again, the size of the pistol and the pants I wear. I would be afraid of it printing easily. I also have pretty skinny ankles.

Now with a Kel-Tec, I would be interested as it is a small pocket gun, with that I also have the option to carry it in my pocket!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

oh its easy, just start carrying a purse and keep it in there!
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

Does this purse make my gun look big????

Thunderwear...

...and an HK USP .45 bobbed hammer compact. Eight rounds of smoke wagon in the mag and one in the chamber. Happiness is a warm gun.

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    Thunderwear...

That looks dangerously close to shooting him in a very bad place
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

Have you checked out the concealed carry forums? They have a holster section where this question comes up all the time.

I have a crossbreed supertuck which, as it's name suggests, can be used while your shirt is tucked in.

Also, the reason I got my 642 is for pocket carry and I use a pocket holster from http://www.rkbaholsters.com/
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by drguitarum2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    Thunderwear...

That looks dangerously close to shooting him in a very bad place
    ...not with an HK. They'll go chambered and locked with one lever. Same lever will decock and then back to safe. I do like the HK's
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast