Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW in business attire

Re: CCW in business attire

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    The problem is that it may look pretty simple, but that will print pretty dang easy. I'm not a very big guy, so hiding a pistol on me isn't the easiest thing.

Fuster, as for the HK, I really like those pistols, but how much smaller is that than my 29?
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I'd bet they have similar dimensions. Where they differ is that the HK has a mechanical safety and as was mentioned before, Thunderwear places the firearm disquietingly close to the crown jewels. The Glock has a time proven trigger safety, but it is not a mechanical disconnect. All that would be required for an accidental discharge would be an unusually active member...

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    I'd bet they have similar dimensions. Where they differ is that the HK has a mechanical safety and as was mentioned before, Thunderwear places the firearm disquietingly close to the crown jewels. The Glock has a time proven trigger safety, but it is not a mechanical disconnect. All that would be required for an accidental discharge would be an unusually active member...

Correct on that about the glock. I ultimately don't know about where I'm going to carry it. I also have a brief case, that if carried properly, would provide me with quick, if not quicker, access to my pistol. Obviously there's the question of keeping the pistol on me at all times, and I would ideally prefer that to happen. However, I am faced with a difficult situation. The 29 is harder to carry, no questions there, when I purchased it, my work attire was different. So that leaves me with a few options, new gun, or carry in my brief case/shoulder case thingy. (I'll get a picture of it later)

Obviously, with a new gun, that opens me up to quite a few options, but it would most likely end up being a small pocket gun/revolver and I'm still not 100% sold on those.

Yes, I know, having a gun beats not having a gun. However, that requires more ammo of different types, additional training (and pocket guns are no fun to shoot from what I hear), and also the simple power of the ammo.

Now, if I were to come to work, I could lock up my brief case, ah, laptop bag, that's what it is! And no one but me would have access to it. Work is not where I worry, but it's in the walks down town where I do worry.

Anyways. I'll get some more thoughts in later.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

why not some snubnose .38 revolver? thats what my uncle carries as a backup. revolvers are nice because if that first round doesnt go off for whatever reason, just pull the trigger again.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

...hehe as rule, you can never have too many types and variations of guns.

Have you looked at a Walther PPKS?...or a Sig 232? They are easily concealed and can be found at bargain rates used. Sure, they are only .380 (9mm kurz), but as you say, I'd rather have SOMETHING in the event that I am in an inescapable confrontation.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    why not some snubnose .38 revolver? thats what my uncle carries as a backup. revolvers are nice because if that first round doesnt go off for whatever reason, just pull the trigger again.
    Call me crazy, but I have never really be much of a fan of snub nose revolvers. I've always had issues with them. It would require a lot of time to get used to one to rely on it for self defense and be able to hit what I'm aiming at.

I like revolvers because I don't have to bend at the waist to police my brass...unless I drop a while fumbling with the ammo box. As has been demonstrated in my recent experience, it is unwise for me to shift my center of gravity to the extreme.

*note to self* get more revolvers...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Revolvers in general don't bother me, just snub nose. I seem to have an issue with them, especially in the 'hitting what you are aiming at' department.

Hehe. yeah, shorter sight radius can do that. It emphasizes any idosycratic tendencies we have in our technique. This is the trade off between a nice match grade firearm with a 6" sight radius and a snubby 2" sight radius. I don't shoot as well with snubbies as I do with full size. That's part of the challenge.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

very correct, Fuster.

Aside from aiming, I seem to have an issue with the triggers as well as the recoil. My very first firearm was a Glock 20 which still sits beside my bed when I sleep. So, from the start, I've been shooting an autoloader.

The most recent snub nose I shot was my buddy's S&W ultralight weight .357

That sucked, I would have rather thrown rocks at the guy. That gun is so painful to shoot, I really don't think that one could ever get off a doubletap unless they were a behemoth of a man.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast