Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CCW in business attire

Re: CCW in business attire

Yeah. No double taps with a magnum...especially the .44 mag; ugh. The triggers on revolvers are heavy and some will actually hang an then break which screws up my concentration. I usually shoot a revolver with the hammer pulled back. that way it is already ready to break. I do enjoy the process of opening, emptying and loading the cylinder of a revolver. It's like driving a standard transmission vehicle. I feel like I'm more a part of experience. Not only that, but the younger crowd at the range usually sports an auto loader. They smirk at my revolver (usually a .44 mag) until it fires the first time. Then their heads duck and shoulders jerk with a start. It gives me a certain smothered glee to give the other guys a jolt.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

i have a galco skyops for my Sig 229 and it works well for concealment in a button down, but it does print somewhat in a polo. for light duty, i still have my Bersa Series 95 380 (like a cross between a Walther PPK and Sig 232 - nice little gun for "pocket" carry).

-andy

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    Yeah. No double taps with a magnum...especially the .44 mag; ugh. The triggers on revolvers are heavy and some will actually hang an then break which screws up my concentration. I usually shoot a revolver with the hammer pulled back. that way it is already ready to break. I do enjoy the process of opening, emptying and loading the cylinder of a revolver. It's like driving a standard transmission vehicle. I feel like I'm more a part of experience. Not only that, but the younger crowd at the range usually sports an auto loader. They smirk at my revolver (usually a .44 mag) until it fires the first time. Then their heads duck and shoulders jerk with a start. It gives me a certain smothered glee to give the other guys a jolt.
    See, now I have no beef with a .44 mag at all. It's big, it's mean, and it's simply bad-ass.

Perhaps I'll get one of those too, are they hard to conceal
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    See, now I have no beef with a .44 mag at all. It's big, it's mean, and it's simply bad-ass.

Perhaps I'll get one of those too, are they hard to conceal

Hehe. Well that depends upon your natural 'endowments'. If folks are accustomed to seeing young David with an ample...uh....prowess, then the sight of a rigid barrel half way down the ol' crotchal area won't put anyone at alarm. But if young David is notoriously groinally challenged then a protuberant stiffness would be suspicious to say the least....
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

I like revolvers because I don't have to bend at the waist to police my brass...
    On the flip side of that is you're training yourself to hold onto the brass. If you ever have to use a revolver your natural motion will be to eject the rounds into your hand nicely rather than use that time for a reload.

Not that I don't do the same thing...
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood4x4
    I like revolvers because I don't have to bend at the waist to police my brass...
    On the flip side of that is you're training yourself to hold onto the brass. If you ever have to use a revolver your natural motion will be to eject the rounds into your hand nicely rather than use that time for a reload.

Not that I don't do the same thing...
    True, but I never carry a revolver for protection.

What I really want is caseless ammo....
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123