Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's been a long time, but I'm pissed off again!

It's been a long time, but I'm pissed off again!

Renting a place right now with a friend in Kirkland, WA and just got an email that my camper is in violation of the HOA….

I have decided that HOA’s are the scourge of the earth. Some idiot is whining that my camper is stored off to the side of the condo with my truck in front of it, blocking the view of it. I already hate this person and I don’t know even who it is. I have lived there for almost 2 months now of a year lease. This is going to be fun….

I’m going to get a copy of the HOA and start bitching about everything I see wrong with other people’s units until they stop.

Oh, and I’m going to simply put my camper on my truck and park it right next to the unit. I’m not ‘storing’ it, it is simply becoming part of my truck. It is mechanically attached, and it is necessary that I keep it on as I need it for ‘work related business’

Take that suckers....

Oh, and I'm going to get more, and bigger, gun stickers and be sure those are visible at all times.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Re: It's been a long time, but I'm pissed off again!

And I'll be sure to get a picture of what it looks like so everyone can see how much of 'an eye sore' it really is.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Oh, and also... question for you folks.

If they still come back after the camper is ON the truck, which I'm sure they will, and enforce it. Is it unreasonable for me to simply move? I will probably loose some good money on this, but is it really worth the stress that an HOA will cause me. What's next, my truck isn't appealing? I'm too loud (though other neighbors are worse)?

If you bail on the lease, they might ding your credit or references...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

When you moved in, was you notified of the HOA ? did you sign it before you moved in ?
    when you signed the lease, did you read it ? is it something they added after you signed ?
    I agree HOAs suc, but you have to remember, you signed the lease. now, if they added something after you signed, to bad for them.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

I was not notified of the HOA. Nor was I given any documentation about the rules/obligations to the HOA. I read the lease in full, and that states the only obligation is to the owner.

The owner is a great guy, he also suggested putting the camper on the truck and going from there. So I have no issue with the owner. In fact, if I were to move out, it would be done to prevent myself as well as him from being involved in something not so friendly.

I don't want to move, but at this point I need a lot of clarification. However, if it continues with the bad neighbor/HOA, I feel it becomes necessary to cut my losses as I am not the one who would be hurt near as much as the owner could. I don't want to jeopardize his standings here. If I OWNED this place, I'd definitely fight it. However, this is not my fight. If I can't have my camper here or on my truck, that leaves me with very few options, and storage really doesn't have me thrilled. I'm paying extra in rent FOR the garage and the side of the unit.

Fuster, ideally, I would avoid a nasty leave as to not hurt my reference. As for credit, I don't want that to fall either, however, I have good credit standing and I have yet to switch my address officially over to here.

if you want notified of an HOA, and you didnt sign anything, you shouldnt have anything to worry about.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

That's what I was figuring. However, I really don't want to get the owner in trouble either as he was the one who notified my roommate who, in turn, notified me. If it comes down to the point where I can't even have it on my truck then that leaves him with very few options as well. I don't think anyone wants it to come to that, but I'm already concerned about where this is going...

And FYI:

oly, did i ever tell you that my parents got SUED by the HOA at our gated community because my dad had a corvette body on a dolly but with a car cover and we live in a small turn around coldasack (however that is spelled) because it was classified as an abandoned vehicle, granted i can see a point, but we never got a knock on the door, just letters and emails, which pissed my dad off beyond repair.

we won but still had to find a place to put it
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Well the camper looks okay, but I'm surprised you haven't received complaints from them about those god awful yellow lights on your truck. Send them to me and I'll dispose of them properly.
    My signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast