Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's been a long time, but I'm pissed off again!

Re: It's been a long time, but I'm pissed off again!

What do the CCR's say? What rule are you in violation of?
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

wooow people are bitchin about that ? some people just seriously have nothing better to do. It look clean, nice, someone needs to be punched in the face.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Sorry you are agitated. I wish I could be a fly on the wall to hear the expletives fly...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Oly,

First, I agree with you 100%, HOA's suck.

Second, my advice is that you first put the camper on the truck. This will give you a small delay while you do the following:

1. Obtain a copy of, and READ, the HOA rules carefully. Many times, and especially in the instance here, the rules ARE NOT as stringent as the local idiot/HOA officer thinks they are. They may be seriously stretching a rule to apply here, which leads me to the second part of this.

Often, in an HOA agreement, a tenant has the right to appeal a violation, and make their case to the board of the HOA (or whatever they call it). Assuming you actually live around some reasonable people, who can see that your camper is in no way an issue, you may be able to overturn the complaint, and, with the exception of your time, come out of this none the poorer.

2. Failing that, I suggest you comb over your lease. The following would assume you were pissed enough, and had the money lying around, to pursue this legally.

If the lease so much MENTIONS another document, set of documents, or even alludes to these documents, a court will look to you to prove that you were in some way denied access to these. Since you likely weren't (no attack on you here, I've done the same) and were more likely disinclined to take the trouble to research it, the court would find against you. You would have to pay the fines, and still have the problem of your camper to deal with.

3. If your lease indeed makes NO mention of the HOA rules and regs, it would be grounds for you to be let out of your lease. However, it provides NO relief for you to continue storing your camper. You landlord IS very much bound by the HOA, and he would incur the fines as a result of your violation. Since you have indicated that you wish to avoid causing your landlord problems, at that point, your only option would be to move out. If your lease, as I said, does not include mention of the HOA, then you would be able to do so without damage to your credit/references, since your lease would be invalid.

HOA contracts, do, unfortunately, have the full force of law behind them. Any owner purchasing land/buildings inside an HOA signs a contract saying that they will abide by the rules, and understand the punishments associated with violation. HOA's generally have a law firm employed to make their contracts, and defend them against lawsuits, so any action on your part, as I said, will cost you some money.

Good luck.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Thanks guys, the camper is now on the truck. We are in the process of getting the HOA rules and I will read about what they consider is wrong.

I was relayed the info so I am not sure exactly what we are in violation of. I believe it is "storing an RV" which, in the case of the camper, it is NOT an RV. Now if they have the word camper in there then it covers that. However, they would have to have a pretty clear cut line stating you can't have a TRUCK with a camper on the side of the house. Considering that my truck is my primary mode of transport, let alone my ONLY mode, I don't think they would have much luck in calling it an RV...

Anyways, I'm going to read through the lease a few times (it's a pretty general lease) but the first few times I saw no mention of any HOA nor were documents produced for me.

As I also stated, if the problem persists with the camper on the truck and they claim that I am still "storing it" then the question does not become where can I store my camper, but rather, do I really want to live here? It is something that bothers me when I pay a good sum of money to live in a place and I cannot use it, with-in reason, as I choose to do so. We've had one party and received no complaints from it, we are always nice, make sure the exterior looks good, etc., etc.

Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    I知 going to get a copy of the HOA and start bitching about everything I see wrong with other people痴 units until they stop.

Oh, and I'm going to get more, and bigger, gun stickers and be sure those are visible at all times.
    Yes, get a copy of the HOA asap and read that to death. The smartest move is to see if it is true that you are violating the HOA rules. If yes, i guess you have to comply or face fines. that would suck. As for getting back the neighbor who is complaining, by all means

About the gun stickers: just call Corky and his tough guy numbchucks on them.

just fyi too: CC&R's are different than "Rules" at least they are in CA. CC&R changes require majority votes by homeowners and rules can be created and enforced with little to no notice by the board of directors. States govern CC&Rs, so the board has to be very diligent about majority votes and record keeping

haha, nah if youre going to do psych warfare on em, you gotta play Panama
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

let me know where you live, and i'll move in next door... then they will bitch about me and my ugly blue truck, my lifted trailer, my non running 4runner and me riding wheelies down the street on my quad....

94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    If I OWNED this place, I'd definitely fight it.
    HOA dont necessarily suck, but the people who control them DO!
    run for the office. i know plenty who have become the pres for a year, made there changes and then quit. cant go back and change then.
    fight the fine print as well.

when i owned a condo, the mgt company changed hands almost yearly, which meant they would try to enforce new rules, that were previously allowed. tried to fine me-didnt work! couldnt enforce what was previosly allowed :P

i have a neighbor who spent over a year sending the cops/fire dept over before they finally fot sick of it and started fining me, another year later im still fighting the fines and still dealing with the
    no HOA issue-city laws, just a nosy neighbor who needs his ticket punched...
    [quote author=Euphorickaty80 link=topic=575.msg3747#msg3747 date=1175627780]<br />I was alot of fun to build.[/quote]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast