Thread: Hella Driving Lights in stock bumper

Hella Driving Lights in stock bumper

A few months ago, I took advantage of the good deal on Hella Optilux lights posted on yotatech for $14.99.

Over spring break, I finally got around to doing something with them.

Made a simple plate that bolts to the bumper, and then bolted the lights to the plate.

Lights:

Valence cut:

Switch inside:

After all my hard work, I found that these lights are not very bright, even with 55w bulbs. I think I have them mounted too low for driving lights, and maybe too close together, but I guess they do help some when used along with my low beams.

Re: Hella Driving Lights in stock bumper

Well, they may not be very bright, but the plate you made is just cool! Eventually, you could get brighter lights and just use that plate...
    I do like how "stealth" the lights look, FWIW... :great:
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

looks good i got the 500s on the bumper makes a big difference i do have piaa bulbs in them though
    My Truck 98 4runner 4x4 SR5 3.4L 5spd E-Locker <br />Mom 07 Tundra d-cab limited 5.7L 4x4 auto fully loaded<br />mom&#39;s 92 pickup SR5 3.0L 5spd 4x4 <br />Papa 89 Pickup SR5 X-cab 4x4 3.0L 5spd/98 4runner 3.4L auto 4x4 <br />R.I.P 91 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0L 5spd Totaled 5/13/06

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

that is tooo funny!
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

looks good garrett, I like the plate fabrication
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures