Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing Broken Inner CV Axle Shaft

Re: Removing Broken Inner CV Axle Shaft

This is the other option I was mentioning, it happend at Tellico last weekend for the Southeast TTORA Toyota Takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by 98taco4x View Post
    Its on the drivers side.
    Here is the broken shaft

Sorry for the bad pics I was in a hurry the shop was closing and I had to get a ride home. But I need to know how to get the gear off in the center of the pic. The FSM says to use a puller and I guess I just want to make sure before I go jerking around on stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by 98taco4x View Post
    Finally got the little thing out of there.

Missing something.

Once I saw how to get the intermediate shaft out it didn't take me 2 minutes to get everything apart. Thanks 99flowtaco. Hell getting the Budbuilt off is about the hardest part.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Re: Removing Broken Inner CV Axle Shaft

ya before i did i drilled it and stuff we tried droppin the diff but blake and i couldn't get it out for the life of us... so we came up with the drilling it idea. lol looks like our way took less time and skill. no way i would have wanted to get into that mess...

bobby
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12