Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very important! Help this Breast Cancer site donate mamograms

Very important! Help this Breast Cancer site donate mamograms

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on 'donatinga mammogram' for free (pink window in the middle).

This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers usethe number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

My mother passed away just 2 years ago at the young age of 41 from a rare form of breast cancer and not a day goes by that i wish we just could have found it sooner...Lets help other sons, daughters, and families not have to go through what i have. Please Add this to your favorites and just click the little pink box in the middle of the screen daily.

Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

It takes 3 seconds!

Re: Very important! Help this Breast Cancer site donate mamograms

BUMP for something worth clicking on..
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.   

Done, great cause.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I just wanted to share my story to help get a little attention to a very good cause.

It was the day after christmas 2002 when i got a phone call that my mom had gotten her test results back and was told that she had a rare form of Inflammitory breast cancer. My grandmother had just left the hospital on Dec 20th from having her mastectomy and was told she was cancer free.

Moms diagnosis was hard to swallow, but i just tried to convince myself that she would have a mastectomy and everything would be fine. So a couple weeks later she went to have her surgery. There were cancerous cells in her lymphnodes so we knew immediately she would have to do chemotherapy.

She did the chemo for about 4-5 months and everything was looking good so they decided to stop the chemo.

2 months later there was a softball sized tumor just below her left shoulder. This was inoperable due to its location and all the blood vessels and such in that area. So back to chemotherapy we went.

The chemo wasnt effectively working so they decided to do chemo and radiation. The whole process was totally draining to everyone. By the time they decided to stop the treatment. She had gone through chemo 3 times and god knows how many radiation treatments(im suprised she didnt glow in the dark). For the last year of her life i had taken every tuesday off of work(working 6 days a week) to spend the day with her. I watched as a BEAUTIFUL energetic 40 year old slowly turned into a body that was in pain 24 hours a day and could barely walk.

For her 41st birthday i planned a suprise party at the resturant i worked at with the whole family and her friends. She thought i was just taking her out to lunch for her brithday and when we walked in and everyone was there she just cried. Im so glad that i could give her that for her last birthday.

On my 24th birthday(aug 8th 2004) i got the news that there was nothing more they could do and they expected her to only make it another 2 months at the most. She went to stay at my grandparents house to live the remainder of her life.

From this point it was a downward spiral.

She started off being able to get out of bed and walk to the restroom and was eating pretty well. Within 2-3 weeks she could no longer get out of bed and had to be fed. She was vomiting chunks of tumors and in so much pain that she was getting over 1000mg of morphine IV every 20 minutes. Plus for the inbetween of the IV we had morphine drops to give her by mouth.

She never lost her spirit though. Every day i would walk in and she would look up at me and say "hey theres my baby girl!" I took leave from my job for the last month she was alive to be with her every day. Alot of times i would sit beside her and hold her hand and just cry. My mom was my best friend and to see her go through that was the hardest thing i have ever done. I'm not a religious person but i would beg for her to die so she wasnt in pain anymore.

October 17th 2004 at 5:45 am My mother smiled and passed away. It took me a couple hours to compose myself to get to my gradmothers house where she was and when i got there and saw her just laying there lifeless i collapsed. Since that day i have not been the same person. I miss her more than anyone ever could imagine. Its been more than 2 years and it still hurts just as bad as it did the day it happend. I didnt have my father growing up so she was my life. Every time something exciting happens in my life i just want to be able to tell her and i cant. You never think you can feel like an orphan as an adult but you can. It took me a very long time to figure out who i was without her and im still not sure that i have that all figured out.

So thats my story.....I hope that upon reading this you will go, tell your mother how much you love her. You never know when the last time you are going to see her will be. The pain and heartbreak in unimagineable.

Thanks again for reading and please, help prevent this from happening to anyone else go to the website and click the button....every day! According to snopes.com it takes about 150,000 clicks to donate one mammogram. Mammograms save lives and other families from having to go through what myself, my brother and my family have had to go through.

I dont have any pics of her on my computer but im going to get one sacanned in today and i will edit this post to include the pic.

Here we are on my wedding day when i was 19. Im divorced now..LOL

Clicked yesterday and today, also passed it out to the office. Good post.

Edited previous post to add pic. Bump

Bump again...this is a really good cause...Please.

bump.

Done, very good to see this.

Clicked for the morning..
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast