Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recurrent Dislocation of Shoulder?

Recurrent Dislocation of Shoulder?

Went through a modified open bankart procedure a while back, and it appears in my lust for riding bikes, I've not only re-injured the joint, but also possibly broken or torn loose the securing screws that hold a plate in place...joy-joy kiddies. Went from nice and stable to loud popping and a sound like a bag of frozen peas being played with.

Nothing like ruining yourself before 40, huh?

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/shou...w/a/labrum.htm
    http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/gene.../a/bankart.htm

Re: Someone has a loose screw here..at least there's a joke in this.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    also possibly broken or torn loose the securing screws that hold a plate in place...
    sorry to hear man, but maybe the joke in here is the one you play on your doctor when you show up with a tube of red Loc-Tite for the screws that came loose?
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Trust me it all catches up to you after 45...Hehe. While training for road bike races, I've been hit by 1 car, 1 semi trailer, and crashed for various lapses of judgment. I've been patched up by the best, but all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty together again...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jVU5Lqxx0

sorry to hear that man.

ive had shoulder problems since i was in middle school. genetic disorder + a backpack full of books that nearly weighed as much as i did.... no bueno.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

AutoShop

Oh all you guys are a bunch of p-----s!!! Try being 20 years old with this!

Developmental dislocation of the hip joint; Developmental hip dysplasia; DDH; Congenital dysplasia of the hip; Congenital dislocation of the hip; CDH

Definition:
    Developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH) is a dislocation of the hip joint that is present at birth. The condition is found in babies or young children.

Causes:
    The hip is a ball and socket joint. The ball, called the femoral head, forms the top part of the thigh bone (femur) and the socket (acetabulum) forms in the pelvis.
    The hip may be all the way out of the joint or the socket may be a little shallow. One or both hips may be involved.

The cause is unknown, but genetic factors may play a role. Low levels of amniotic fluid in the womb during pregnancy can increase a baby's risk of DDH. Other risk factors include:

Being the first child - I was last.
    Being female - That I am!
    Breech delivery - I "walked" out.
    Family history of the disorder - CHECK!
    DDH occurs in about 1 out of 1,000 births.

Both my grandma and mom have this disorder. And have had total hip replacements. I've been having problems since I was 14.

So when you guys have to miss 4 months of high school and or work because your stuck on the couch because you can't walk, then you can post shizzle about your achey bones!

I went and had x-rays about 3 months ago. Both my hips are (edited for language...). Doc says Ill have me 2 brand new plactic hips by mid 2009. So stick that in your juice box and suck it!

Quote Originally Posted by AutoShop
    Oh all you guys are a bunch of pussies!!! Try being 20 years old with this!

Developmental dislocation of the hip joint; Developmental hip dysplasia; DDH; Congenital dysplasia of the hip; Congenital dislocation of the hip; CDH

Definition:
    Developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH) is a dislocation of the hip joint that is present at birth. The condition is found in babies or young children.

Causes:
    The hip is a ball and socket joint. The ball, called the femoral head, forms the top part of the thigh bone (femur) and the socket (acetabulum) forms in the pelvis.
    The hip may be all the way out of the joint or the socket may be a little shallow. One or both hips may be involved.

The cause is unknown, but genetic factors may play a role. Low levels of amniotic fluid in the womb during pregnancy can increase a baby's risk of DDH. Other risk factors include:

Being the first child - I was last.
    Being female - That I am!
    Breech delivery - I "walked" out.
    Family history of the disorder - CHECK!
    DDH occurs in about 1 out of 1,000 births.

Both my grandma and mom have this disorder. And have had total hip replacements. I've been having problems since I was 14.

So when you guys have to miss 4 months of high school and or work because your stuck on the couch because you can't walk, then you can post shizzle about your achey bones!

I went and had x-rays about 3 months ago. Both my hips are fucked. Doc says Ill have me 2 brand new plactic hips by mid 2009. So stick that in your juice box and suck it!

whoa, sucks to be you
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

NorCalBorn, are you riding a full squish or a rigid?
    1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush

Just a reminder...lets keep the foul language to ourselves please.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

AutoShop

LMAO... Sorry about that.

After a snow boarding accident at 30 laid me up for 2 weeks...I quit trying to act like a teenager. It gets harder and harder to get up each day and longer and longer to get awake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast