Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oven is done!

Re: Oven is done!

my only question : if you built it in your basement, can you get it thru the door to get it out? :P
    -andy

Quote Originally Posted by bamachem
    my only question : if you built it in your basement, can you get it thru the door to get it out? :P
    Nope...gotta be disassembled...but that won't be for a long while!
    Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.   

Jeremy, first off I've seen your stuff and you do awesome work my friend. Great job on the homemade oven! Looks to be pretty efficient too if you only had 70F on the outside with 400F+ on the inside. Only issue is man I wish you were closer because I'd be sending all sorts of stuff your way, but the shipping from up here (both ways) would probably cost me more than any part I could send would be worth.

Are you sure you don't want to open a location in Canada too?
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    Jeremy, first off I've seen your stuff and you do awesome work my friend. Man I wish you were closer because I'd be sending all sorts of stuff your way, but the shipping from up here (both ways) would probably cost me more than any part I could send would be worth.

Are you sure you don't want to open a location in Canada too?
    Thanks man! I would...but shipping this oven up there would kill me...
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by callmej75
    I was thinking more like a 2nd oven?!
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by callmej75
    I was thinking more like a 2nd oven?!
    Haha...need another $1,400!

Wow, missed that part....can't just use an old oven?
    Seriously, how much do you think you have into all the equipment so far?

Wow, missed that part....can't just use an old oven?
    Seriously, how much do you think you have into all the equipment so far?
    Guesstimating...close to $3,000

Any one else find it funny that a powder coater, makes an oven that is bare semi rusty metal?? J/K Looks nice.

You might want to paint a spot black and retake the outside temp, or use a contact probe. The temp is probably close to what you measured but the bare metal is reflective to IR pyrometer so it will give somewhat false readings. Key thing is that it is only warm on the outside while "baking hot" on the inside.
    Nice Job again.
    Work is for those who don&#039;t know how to plunder! <br /><br />1992 4x4 xcab, so stock it&#039;s not funny cause I don&#039;t have the money. <br /><br />If you like to play poker, either live or online, check out my Poker Pals board.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateFins
    You might want to paint a spot black and retake the outside temp, or use a contact probe. The temp is probably close to what you measured but the bare metal is reflective to IR pyrometer so it will give somewhat false readings.
    Very good point.....regardless, the important part is that the inside can still hit 400F to solidify the PC.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast