Thread: Sunroof Woes

Sunroof Woes

I fix one thing on my 4runner and another goes bad

For some reason, my sunroof didnt close all the way and when it rained, the inside of my car became a slip n slide. I dried out my car and now my sunroof wont function all the way. It seems like it wants to open, but something is preventing it from doing so. There was a black piece of plastic, in between the actual glass and the slider thinger that covers it up. I moved it so it doesnt get in the way.

Anyone know what might be wrong with it?
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Re: Sunroof Woes

well i tried to mess with my sunroof last week and the damned thing wont even open now. Does anyone know how to manually open it?

I thought there was a screw under the plastic switch cover that allows you to wind it open/closed. Pretty sure my 2nd Gen has that...
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

man that sure does seem like a lot of work. In the mean time, I went out and bought some painters tape and covered the edges of the sunroof. Its too cold here and I dont have any shelter to work under so if something goes wrong, ill have a huge hole in my roof...and with my luck, it'll rain for 10 days straight!

kinda off topic but when i try to close my sunroof and while holding the close button down the sunroof will stop halfway. Anyone know why it does that?
    2002 Stellar Blue Pearl SR5 4WD Sport Edition

"safety feature" i guess. its normal operation.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.