Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beta testers needed (cb bracket) [REOPENED]

Re: Beta testers needed (cb bracket)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    i understood there would be no math...

as much as id like to do the math, i dont know quite the forces acting on it, so im designing it to be much stronger than it needs to be. but i want to find any flaws.
    That's overkill for what you are doing.

Build it.
    Test it.
    Improve it. (if needed)
    Sell it.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Tourist

I shook the power antenna bracket off my truck.

But....I don't get as much chance to wheel as I'd like or hit big stuff or managed to knock the wheels off the tandem bike that hangs back there so I prolly wouldn't even be able to scrape it off. I'm out.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

I think the weakest part in your "link" will be the sheet metal that it attaches to, so the more you can do to spread the forces out will help since it will act like a lever on the screws when it gets whipping around.

My signature

which is what happened to my old firestik mount, and part of the reason i got rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by habanero
    I shook the power antenna bracket off my truck.
    haha so did i! stupid spotweld failed.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Tourist

Same here. A little nut, washers, a bolt, some loc-tite, a drill- ta da!

I'll be watching for yer results and possibly a resulting bracket later on.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

well im like 95% confident in my product, but i want to be 100% before i start selling it for full price to the general public.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I haven't seen a photo yet, but have you actually mounted one on a truck yet? I'd like to see one mounted.
    -=Jason=-
    97&#039; SR5 3.4L 4x4 auto trans&nbsp; its Bone stock at the moment. <br /><br />-=Jason=-

OK - I just took a good look at this baby (never saw the pics before). I agree with whoever said that the weak link is the body.

Can you get to the back of the area where the sheet metal screws are screwed in if you pull the taillight out? If you can, I'd advise making a backing plate with holes that align with your front mount plate, then use nuts and slim headed bolts (maybe button head socket type and either nylock nuts or thread locker) and through bolt it.

2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Call me a simpleton but couldn't you just mount that antenna to the bumper? Or, make a mount that attaches to the bumper? If you catch that mount on something it will bend into the tailgate. Bumpers are cheap used, and typically we care less if they get banged up.

Frank
    1985 FJ-60, 3FE, Hell Creek lift, 2009 H3 sold

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast