Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A prayer for our new president...

Re: A prayer for our new president...

i typically try to not get involved on the political threads but i am actually amazed that he won by as much as he did. as long as he doesnt touch the second amendment, no supreme court judges die/retire in the next 4 years, and he doesnt pull us out of iraq immediately, ill be okay with this.
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

I feel a little better about the world today than I did yesterday.

God bless...the world.

Republicans will pull out some Dr. Seuss or the dictionary and filibuster any legislation threatening the 2nd Amendment and possibly any legislation requiring immediate withdrawal from Iraq. Reviving the federal ban on assault weapons might be a different story, though.

If I were to fear anything, I'd be worried about Scalia or Thomas retiring during Obama's administration and having a left-leaning justice appointed and pushed through to the bench... Most of the recent appointments have been fairly moderate, though, so hopefully that trend continues, regardless of the administration.
    --- Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Terracoma
    Republicans will pull out some Dr. Seuss or the dictionary and filibuster any legislation threatening the 2nd Amendment and possibly any legislation requiring immediate withdrawal from Iraq.
    im pretty sure the democrats now have a filibuster proof majority, though im not 100% on that, i havent read the news or turned on a tv since nobama won, and calrockx, i need some money, would you mind giving me some of yours that you worked hard for?
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

The worry that i have is the fact that so many of our justices are at the point or way past the point of retirement. Hoping for middle of the road picks is like asking BP to drop prices below 1.00 a gallon.... not gonna happen
    Lance your point reguarding Obama's background and how its a historical event is a good point. Now that we have made such great strides overcoming racial barriers i do believe that its time for an overhaul on racial policies. There should no longer be excuses for our society. I have been called a racist becuase i voiced my opinion of Obama. My dislikes are not racial but inexperience. (Another debate another time) I am afraid the race card will be played a lot in the next four years. I hope and pray its not the case but i can see it happening. His win should be the final nail in the racial / equality debate.
    Reguardless of our stances, the winner has been choosen. We must stand and show our support of this great nation.
    02 Sport (Sporticus)<br />881 / 906 OME Combo, 275/65/16 Faulken High Country AT&#39;s, Syntheic Fluids,Brembo / Hawk Combo and two car seats for the future wheelers<br /><br />2010 Highlander SE- Wife&#39;s kid transporter.<br /><br />1998 Tacoma- 2.7 liters of fury...after that is pretty plain and stock

Sadly one of the things I'm most excited about, and it wouldn't have mattered which candidate won, is that we're finally going to have a president that can speak intelligently.

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerUp
    im pretty sure the democrats now have a filibuster proof majority, though im not 100% on that
    I believe the Democrats are still short of the number of required seats, pending some uncounted votes in a few tight races...

Quote Originally Posted by gilby4runner
    The worry that i have is the fact that so many of our justices are at the point or way past the point of retirement.
    I discovered that I forgot to mention Kennedy (the tie-breaker) in addition to Scalia and Thomas.

The other seats that may open up are already held by more liberal-minded justices, so the "balance" in the supreme court would remain relatively unchanged if those seats were liberated.
    --- Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    It has been a historic night. This is the first president that is 50% Caucasian / 43.75% Arabic / 6.25% African.
    Is this true? That he's not half black? Not that it matters, but I've heard the rumors but I haven't been able to find proof of it anywhere...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12