Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog booties

Re: Dog booties

If they have long hair between their pads, this promotes ice to form on the hair if it's cold enough. Had that problem with an old cocker spaniel when I was growing up. The boots are funny when they first get them on - certainly some high stepping going on...
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

We walk our dog every day in the snow from November-March and he's never needed booties. The trails with glass pieces do a number on his pads in the summer, but he is happy go lucky all winter long bounding through snow. When you get in really cold temps the built up snow and the sharp ice can start to hurt their feet, but that's very unusual in recreational outings.

I would LMAO to see my dog in those We had to tape a sock to his foot when he took a big chunk out of a pad from glass or something. He walked around like a freaking retard

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Thanks for that info Erich. I guess you'd know better than anyone else. Seems like the trails are a bigger concern than the snow. If I get the booties, I'll definitely film it and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by cooldry
    Thanks for that info Erich. I guess you'd know better than anyone else. Seems like the trails are a bigger concern than the snow. If I get the booties, I'll definitely film it and post it.
    My pleasure. One thing I should add is that crusty snow is where they hurt thier feet. If it's fluffy and soft, they don't have a problem. If there is a thick crust that you break through on each step, then they can start to tear up thier feet. Just keep an eye on thier pads and go from there. They usually won't have any temperature problems if they keep moving.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

You'll be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    You'll be fine...
    But those guys are like professionals. Mine are just indoor labs. I'll just take them out and see what happens. But after what Erich said, I'm thinking about getting the booties for trails. I wanted to start running them on trails too. I just thought the snow would be more of an issue.

Hey David, the goldie is an indoor dog so we have booties for her. She's a princess so we figure we'd splurge and keep her paws nice and clean. She doesn't mind though cuz the booties does add a lot of traction for her on the trails.

If you do get the booties, do take a video and please make sure not to be lol on film cuz it'll take away from the humor of watching your dogs act like a freak show
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12