Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off road HID lights, worth the hype?

Re: Off road HID lights, worth the hype?

I was going to put some HID lights in my truck but I was reading up and VA wont allow you to have them if they aren't stock with your vehicle. I'm sure that a cop wouldn't know the difference and as long as you have them leveled right it wouldn't be a problem, but it's so much money.

I like my H4 and getting ready to add some Hella 500s with some upgrades bulbs and I'm still only about 1/4 the price for the light output. I have money left over for rock lights and backup lights as well.
    '91 Pickup ExtraCab V6 5spd

$600 per light? JIMINY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I don't think legality would be an issue here since these would only be used when the legal lights wouldn't work...I am assuming anyway.

Fink

As long as you have the light covers on, you shouldn't run into an issue. At least in CA you can run 55w bulbs on public roads legally, but you're unlikely to be able to prove to the police that it is only 55w on the side of the road.

I have been very happy with my Hella 4K non-HID lights (3) with a 100w bulb in them and you can always convert them to HID down the road if you find yourself looking to upgrade your light output.
    [glow=blue,2,300]2002 4WD TOYOTA TACOMA "TURTLE TACO"[/glow]  <All the goods listed here>

Just a quick note....... I have a friend that has 3 Hella 4000 HID's brand new in boxes, he wants to sell all of them as a set $1200.... That's $400 each! If I had the $$$ I'd have bought them. If intrested let me know........
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

If I had 1200 I'd be all over it!

If your friend is willing to wait a couple Mos. then let me know.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    If I had 1200 I'd be all over it!

If your friend is willing to wait a couple Mos. then let me know.
    you and me both, if I could some come up with the $$$, they'd be mine.....

They are the eurobeams, so a nice wide pattern.

As for which one's are the beat, the simple answer is the one with the metal housings, Lance's Lightforces all busted off.....cheap plastic.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

so far no takers on the lights............ This is a great deal, too bad I can't afford them...... David I won't post about this if you still want them.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/main....aspx?content=

Anybody familar with the soltec lights that baja designs sells. Price seems right and they look like they could take a ton of abuse.
    &quot;You have enemies? Good. That means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life.&quot; -Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    so far no takers on the lights............ This is a great deal, too bad I can't afford them...... David I won't post about this if you still want them.
    Thanks, but they're out of the budget as of right now. I'm saving up to buy 5 acres of land right now. So that takes precedent. Thanks though!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

I believe that the ExpeditionsWest crew ran 4 of them on a removeable and adjustable light rack for their Polar Expedition they completed recently.

www.expeditionswest.com

I've seen them on many desert trucks so I would imagine that they are pretty good.
    [glow=blue,2,300]2002 4WD TOYOTA TACOMA &quot;TURTLE TACO&quot;[/glow]&nbsp; &lt;All the goods listed here&gt;

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast