Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Drinkers, French Press Advice

Coffee Drinkers, French Press Advice

Odd question for me I guess, I put coffee in the pot, turn it on and drink what comes out.

The lady has better or more discerning taste and has asked for a decent French Press for Christmas. Help me out on what you have or what you lust over. Getting a nice one is no worries, but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Re: Coffee Drinkers, French Press Advice

I was going to ask you if you called yourself a man after reading your title

I now withdraw that question and slink away quietly as I have no valuable input

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

I expected that.

If I was half as manly as I stereotypically appear to be, some would be afraid!

Been looking at Bed, Bath and Beyond. They have a couple that are decent insulate carafes for when you are done. I will keep looking.

Thanks.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

I'd look around locally and see what you find. Check Macy's or a kitchen store and look at them. For the most part you're not going to get a bunch of coffee out of them like your maker you have now. I used to use one at work but only because it was easier than using a coffe maker. For the the coffee is stronger and has more kick to it rather than taste better. If you put crap in it you'll get hot crap out of it. I think that as long as you don't get a cheap one made only for camping you'll be fine. We used a cheap one and never had a problem with it. The screen stayed put which is all you can ask for in a press im my opinion.

Can't help with a home machine, but the Clover system (looks like they got bought by Starbucks) makes THE BEST cup of coffee I've ever tasted. It's a French press process.

There's only one place that has it near me - downtown Pittsurgh (21st Street Coffee) If you see a place with this system, you've got to have one!

I use a Keurig machine at home now. Too much coffee got cold/rank from sitting too long. One cup at a time works best for me.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

I would go and talk to some of the local coffee houses and find out what they would recommend or see what they sell. The thing with the presses is that you don't lose the natural oils in the coffee or the tea via the paper filter, that is why some times you see fancy machines will use a mesh reusable screen. The coffee is typically stronger from the press as well. Oh and if you do get a press get a nice grinder and some nice whole beans as well.
    96 4Runner SR5 B&amp;M trans cooler, H.I.D conversion

cheese,

lemme get my wife to chime in. she's roasts her own green beans, shes that crazy. gimme a day or two

bob

Actually, I think Starbucks has a nice french press. You want one with a good filter so you don't get grinds into your cup. The Starbucks one has a filter on the press itself and one on the lid as well. Bodum presses only have one filter. I recommend them for their easy use and it makes a strong cup of coffee.
    ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿<br /> Wayne W.<br />2000 4Runner SR5<br />3&quot; Revtek Lift, 265/70R17&#039;s<br />Doug Thorley/Jardine Cat-Back &amp; Injen Intake<br />Doug Thorley Headers<br />Eclipse Head Unit &amp; 2 Phoenix Gold 12&#039;s<br />w/Phoenix Gold 500.2 &amp; custom box

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    cheese,

lemme get my wife to chime in. she's roasts her own green beans, shes that crazy. gimme a day or two

bob
    Bob, are you telling him that he should just get a nice Korean woman to make coffee??!!!
    My signature

What else can she make besides coffee?

I have often wondered about keeping an older hispanic woman on staff to make soapapillas and green chili when I have the urge

I saw the Bodum stuff, you are saying good but not the best?

Looking for two filters?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast