View Poll Results: Where should I put my 7.5" Aussie Locker?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4runner

2 13.33%
  • Van

6 40.00%
  • ( . Y . )

7 46.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aussie locker in the 4runner or the Van?

Re: Aussie locker in the 4runner or the Van?

hmm I wonder if we all had voted for the Runner, would you have then put the locker in the van....

I saw earlier that someone mentioned and LSD for the rear of the van.
    Street wise its alright, but when you hit the trials, nothing beats a full locker.
    We learned that easily when we went wheeling in the winter months here.

Re: Aussie locker in the 4runner or the Van?

Cheese, I always take what you have to say very seriously, and I agree that this will encourage me to break things. I was already getting there and was to the point where I was going to start breaking things from being open and having to get on the skinny pedal. Basically took what you had to say and others and weighed my pros and cons and came to the conclusion that it was worth a shot (especially since it isn't my DD). After my trip to Coyote Lake, I really want to hit many of the harder trails in the Sierras, we'll see how it goes.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how it handles in the dunes. The majority of the time I'm in 2hi. But for all I know, when I'm in 4lo, it might just make me get really stuck. lol

Funny you should mention the idler arms, I'm actually testing bronze idler arm bushings for SDORI and I figured this combined with everything else should test them even more. So far so good, they are lasting much longer then the plastic bushings.

Avy, haha. Well, I did put a disclaimer saying that I may got the opposite way. Also, the fact that the 4runner front diff was already sitting on the bench probably swayed me as well. I agree with you about a full locker for the van. Who knows maybe one day I'll have an ARB in the 4runner and the van.
    My signature

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123