View Poll Results: Where should I put my 7.5" Aussie Locker?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4runner

2 13.33%
  • Van

6 40.00%
  • ( . Y . )

7 46.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aussie locker in the 4runner or the Van?

Re: Aussie locker in the 4runner or the Van?

Looks like the van is starting to run away with it.
    My signature

i say the runner.

but where did you get this profile picture/video thing. lol you got the full length version? aaaaahhhhh
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

Make sure you vote in the pole above first....

enjoy..
    http://www.seatgirls.rj41.ch/
    My signature

Throw it in the 4runner first and be gentle on the skinny pedal. After that you can throw it in the van after you get an ARB up front
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

You guys suck at polls. I see at least 5 who said "4runner" and it only shows 2 (one of which was my vote).

Well, I have till tomorrow morning to decide. I swapped out my cv's today, so tomorrow I install the front diff either with or without the aussie.
    My signature

Just stay open up front.
    Lock the rear of the van.
    I can see you going to down the road one day when you need it in the van and your gonna say to your self "Man I wish I had the locker in this thing"

What are you going to do if the hooters win?

BTW, your avatar is distracting - in a good way...
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

My personal opinion . . . you use the van like you might want it locked someday. The 4runner, unless it's a trailer queen would be better with an LSD in the front or open diff until a good junkyard run. Just my opinion though, you know better than anyone what you intend to use each for.
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Well, the hooters came close enough to winning, so I sold the locker and went to the TT bar.

Just kidding!!
    So it was a close run between the van and the hooters for those that voted and then pretty much a tie between the 4runner and the van with those that voiced their opinion but didn't bother to vote in the pole.

Well, I installed it in the 4runner. Still need to install the diff and test it, but the diff is all buttoned up. My reasoning was that after hearing what everyone had to say here, and then hours of research, I could only find one or two that actually had a lunchbox locker in their front IFS that hated it and removed it to go back to open. They either liked it and left it, liked it just okay but dealt with it till they got a selectable down the road, or something else like a SAS. It was probably at least 20 to 1 of those who liked it and wouldn't go back to being open. The rest of nay sayers were ones who actually did not have one in their rig. That and I don't do much snow driving here.

Now, I know what the downsides could be to not having a selectable and I'm going to test this out for my type of wheeling. I tagged and bagged the spider gears, thrust washers, and side gears that were removed, so that later on, if I hate it or am breaking too many parts, I can go back to being open. ONce I get the 4runner rolling again, I'll do a front IFS Aussie locker review. I'll try to be as detailed as can be so that others can get a real view of what it will be like.

Thanks to all who voiced your opinion and for those that voted for the van, there is still hope that it will get something down the road. Who know's maybe the van will get an ARB.
    My signature

I guess I will amend my vote to say that locking the front of the truck will encourage you break things, but that is even more true in the van.

I don't see it being a positive in the dunes, I do see it being helpful on real crawling trails.

Take stock in NAPA idler arms and get after it.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast