Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toyota to Bring Subaru Co-developed RWD Coupe as a Scion TC in 2011

Re: Toyota to Bring Subaru Co-developed RWD Coupe as a Scion TC in 2011

want a cool wagon thats economical?

30mpg. lots of storage. and damn cool if you ask me
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Nah, no vee dubs..

This, this is a wagon I would drive and it would eat them idiot civic driving kids alive:

Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

You guys are funny. I think everyone here knows that if I had infinite money, I would own three cars. 1) my 4Runner, 2) a fast & fun car and 3) a massive 1970s beater car for jumpin' and hittin' stuff. That said, I am still disappointed we will never see the Subaru/Toyota Scion...both manufacturers make awesome stuff, so this no doubt would have been a very desireable car. Maybe not as desireable as the Cadillac Mike posted, but close.

Several years ago, I saw one of those huge old Oldsmobile station wagons pulling a massive class A tag axle motor home. They used one of those tow dollies that have their own wheels and actually hoists up the front of the towed vehicle. The front wheels of the motor home were off the ground. Wish I had a camera with me, cause it sure was funny.

Sean, I like those cars!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Ex-Dept. of Justice 9C1 package.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Ex-Dept. of Justice 9C1 package.
    There we go! that's my kind of ride right there.
    &#39;96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

ok back to the topic of the "toyobaru", inside line is reporting that the joint venture is still on.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=143008
    TOKYO — If you've recently read a story or two about the delay, or even the demise, of the compact sport coupe that Toyota and Subaru are jointly working on, don't believe it. That's the message from knowledgeable PR sources in Japan, who tell Inside Line that this intriguing sports car program is still very much on track.
    so like so many apple rumors, i will sit and wait patiently, and not believe a word of anything until i see/dont see one on the show room floor.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    meh . . . living back in snow country again I want an AWD that isn't a Subie, EVO or mini-suv. Still nice though that they'll finally have another sporty RWD
    You mean like one of these?

Do you guys forget there's already Toyota's out there that are RWD or AWD post Supra/Celica?

There's also the Venza that is available AWD w/ a 3.5 V-6...not sure if a S/C or mod's are in the works yet (AUTO w/ C/V's)..and I missed the test drive this week, but will see what they're like soon enough. My friend says it has all the fixes I wish the Matrix had.
    3.5-liter double overhead cam (DOHC) 24-valve dual independent VVT-i V6; 268 hp @ 6200 rpm, 246 lb.-ft. @ 4700 rpm
    *Not that it needs a S/C, the power to weight, even with the AWD should be really nice, more on that later.
    ~Here's a look at the Sema version with the S/C installed: http://www.revmods.com/street-image-...enza-sportlux/

Yeah, the IS is a nice car, but only has like 205hp on the 6spd manual (not sequential) versions. If Lexus would put a true manual behind the 3.5 motor, then we're cooking. Of course there is the IS-F too, but even that doesn't have a real manual tranny.

I'd like to see a rwd, 6spd manual coupe from Toyota that is below 25 grand. Turbo would be nice too.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Read my above post w/ the Venza edit..the factory 3.5l is 268hp, weighing in around the same weight as a well equipped 2nd gen 4Runner..do the math.

Also, You mean like this?

re: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/1...0-Project.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4EpQbEm8tY

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast