Thread: CB/PA Install

CB/PA Install

Looking for some guidance here.

I need an indash CB with a PA out to put in a rig.

I have a Cobra 18 in my truck that fits below the CB, haven't looked close enough on this install to see what I am getting into.

I can do all the wiring, etc. no worries on that. Just looking for a model with a PA out or how to rig one.

Thanks.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Re: CB/PA Install

I got the 19-DXIV

I can get most cobra, midland,and uniden CBs and stuff. I think i might also have a distributor that can get me PA speakers too.
    So before you buy let me know and i can let you know what i can get it for. Would be cost plus shipping.

I think just the C75-WXST and the C18-WXSTII are the only ones with no PA capabilities.
    The 19-DXIV does and the more expensive ones i opened did too.

Reggie
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Cheese,
    when i was looking for a CB, i wanted a "front firing" speaker and a PA option, due to putting it in the DIN slot, I couldnt find one that would fit and had both (front firing speaker and PA) i looked online for what seemed forever, so i went with the cobra http://www.cobra.com/index.php?page=...uct_id=12&id=1 18WX ST, it DOESNT have the PA, but thats something i can live without, although you may need to get it "tuned and peaked"
    If your planning on installing it in the DIN slot, and find one that has both, please let us know what ya find.
    oh,, i got the radio at wal-mart (online) $60 shipped, some wally worlds have it in the store.
    hope this helps.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Sorry.

I have an 18 in my truck, good with the front CB. Still have to redo the antenna mount after the new bumper.

This is going in a car for a friend.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

I have the Cobra 19 DX IV also.. and I love it.. PA, and external speaker.. couldnt be more happy with it..

Here's something interesting. If you don't mind a ricer blue version of the Cobra 75 with a PA you can go with the 76 XTR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001654VS/...S&linkCode=asn

Wish there was someway to swap housings

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog