Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Receiver mounted tire carrier?

Re: Receiver mounted tire carrier?

like Cheese said, you can move mine 2-3 inchs, Steve at CBI told me some trick to drill a hole and weld a nut in place on the reciever to keep it from moving, I just havent had time to do it nor does it bother me when it moves.
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    I have never seen one of those in person that was worth a darn.

You have to make things fit TIGHT so the angle of the dangle doesn't get out of control.

The ones I have seen, I could move the tire assembly 2-3 inches each direction, that had to be sweet going down the road...
    Hence my design, it don't move at all, solid to the bumper.....0 play......
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    here's a picture

That looks good. It looks like it will swing down completely until it hits the ground or is there something I am missing that it will catch onto?
    Philip<br />-90 2Dr 4runner<br />www.cootees.net

bruce do you have any close ups or other pictures that shows how it is made?

99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12