Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I have no faith in humanity what so ever anymore.

Re: I have no faith in humanity what so ever anymore.

on the running him over note...in this day and age im pretty sure if he had done that, he would now be getting sued. if he ran the guy over and killed him, heaven forbid he have no family. would running him over AFTER the fact be considered self defense? i could see him getting sued for something like that in todays sad society
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

Ok, from a LEO's perspective...if its harsh, deal with it.

First off, you got suckered into talking to the suspect, not too big of a deal, most of us out there arent aresholes. You should have said no thank you and then walked away immediately, if you were near your vehicle, which i think you were, you should have sounded your panic alarm. That would of spooked him. No, its not being paranoid, its just being safe.

Second, getting into the car with him was the worst mistake you could have made. You should have sounded your panic alarm, like I said. You are FAR more likely to have gotten hurt driving with the smuck. you had to have had some time to call 9-1-1- unless he was with you the whole time.

Third, didnt your mommy tell you not to give strangers rides??? Even in my police car while on duty, if someone runs out of gas and want me to driving them to a gas station (which we dont have to do), they are getting cuffed. Not out of disrespect, but out of my safety.

Fourth, a gun wouldnt have done you any good in this situation. Having one in the car would have done you zero as well. Dont go crazy and go out and buy a gun, keep it on you or in your car, where it is concealed with out a CCW and without taking many many shooting courses. Remember, if you fire that thing, miss and hit someone, you are responsible. Make sure you shoot straight before you go out and decide to carry.

Fifth, you can probably say goodbye to every catching that guy. ATM cameras only only focus on the person infront of the ATM and a little to the sides...unless you went to a drive through ATM at a bank.

as many people have said, its easy to shoot while you are stationary and the targets are stationary. Try having your adrenaline shoot through the roof, you moving around and the guy moving around....not easy.

Glad you are ok man.

I am glad you are ok, and things like this happen daily.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

i also forgot to mention, not calling you a liar by any means, but the average citizen calls the police, no matter how shocked they are, right after something like this happens. By you not calling the police, it leads us to believe that you may be lying. And if the dude got into your car, there should be prints on the door, unless he was wearing gloves.

Why did u wait so long to call again?
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

blake,

next time, scream like a bitchy gay man from west hollywood, let out a loud shriek, and faint like a soap opera diva.

j/k

seriously, good thing you werent hurt.

and as others have said, you made a big mistake by letting him in. and an ambush is aptly named. you wouldnt've had a chance in hell to draw a weapon if you were in "friendly" mode when you let him in the car.

ive been in a bank when robbed twice with guns. its fuggin' scary for sure. for all others who have said "i woulda done this, i have that..." until you've been there or are professionally trained to respond, sorry guys, you're all numbchuck, rifle on your desk, corey tough talkin' internet commandos. literally, you are paralyzed with fear and the first thing that goes through your mind is "i hope he doesnt shoot me". No joke. even the 2nd time around for me at the bank. and after its over, you feel physically beat. so even though i have my own pistol, have it locked up in my closet w/ the key nearby, i dont know if i could shoot straight enough w/ all the fear and adrenaline going through me.

...so the plan is to shoot wildly and hope i dont hit that old lady neighbor of mine

Quote Originally Posted by localmotion
    i also forgot to mention, not calling you a liar by any means, but the average citizen calls the police, no matter how shocked they are, right after something like this happens. By you not calling the police, it leads us to believe that you may be lying. And if the dude got into your car, there should be prints on the door, unless he was wearing gloves.

Why did u wait so long to call again?
    i can see your point there, but i an take a picture of the report sheet if needed, and i know i should have called and i just dont know why i didnt, i was so emotional/pissed/scared that i went straight home and went to sleep, at like 9.

im sure ill get updates on the situation from the officer so i may update everyone
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Blake,
    sorry to hear about this, but the bottom line is, your ok, hell even if he took your rig, doesnt matter, money and cars come and go, LIFE doesnt....

about waiting to file a report, well i can see where ya might have waited, being all screwed up in the head. not every crime gets reported right away, sure most do, all should, but ever wonder how many children are reported missing ? think all are reported "right away" what about rapes ? its just that sometimes, emotions are not operating right. again, glad your ok, shake it off, and learn something, but please remember, what you did, in trying to help someone out, was a good thing, and NOT everyone will take advantage of it.
    IMHO, your a good person for trying to help out, and KARMAs a bitch. Ive always said "what goes around, comes around"
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

As many people have said, in retrospect a firearm wouldnt have helped at all in this situation. Except maybe if he pulled it on the guy after he let him out and held the thief until police could be summoned.

But what if it had been a coked up freak with crossed eyes and an itchy finger just wanting another line. I've run into them before, just never armed. Bit if someone was in that state, and armed, I think I would take my chances with popping them first.

And running a thief over would only land you with manslaughter, or at least assault with a deadly weapon.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234