Thread: Introducing the L.M.F Roof Rack

Introducing the L.M.F Roof Rack

Lee Morrison Fabrications is considering the idea of making roof racks for 1984-1989 4Runners. We have already made one (for my truck) and I can tell you that it is very sturdy and holds pretty much anything.

On to the pictures...

Front View.

Front/Top View.

Light Protection Bar.

Rear 3/4 View.

Inside Supports.

Here are pictures of Lee's Colorado. This will give you an example of a shorter rack...

This rack is made to mount directly to the stock 84-89 4Runner Fiberglass Top. It is made out of 1" galvanized tubing. The dimensions are 5'x3'6"x10" (LxWxH). If you want custom dimensions please contact us as that is a possibility (see pics of Lee's Colorado for an example of a shorter rack). The rack has four light tabs and will fit up to 7" tall lights. The rack also has a bar behind the lights for protection from your cargo sliding into them.

These racks will start out at $350. Shipping will most likely have to be done by freight so that will have to be worked out once we get your shipping address.

Any questions, suggestions or comments feel free to post here, PM me or call 847-660-3135. Thanks!
    1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush

Re: Introducing the L.M.F Roof Rack

I vote for grating material on the outside walls !

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Were workin on that...
    1988 4Runner 3.Slow<br /><br />-33x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radials<br />-High flow cat/ flowmaster muffler<br />-Engine replaced at 200k<br />-Green Rattle can paint + Herculiner<br /><br />Wanted<br />1st gen parts, door hinges, interior etc...<br /><br /><br />God works through Christians; I am a Christian.<br />-George W. Bush

I know I know, Just thought I would give ya crap on here, as well as over on YT

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

No problem! That stuff is hard to find around here for some reason

At the very least I's say you need a few more posts to better contain it's contents. What do you plan on using your rack for, wheel? cargo?

SIDE NOTE: Do those bumpers actually reduce the approach angle over a stock piece?

I am not sure why you think there needs to be more posts in the middle. As long as you tie your stuff down I don't see anything coming out. However, if the customer wanted more posts in the middle, he/she could get them. We can change it however they want it. This is just the basic rack.

As for the bumper, no not at all. The D-Rings hang a little low but if you hold those up with something then its fine.

Again, this is just my opinion, so don't take it personal...BUT I feel that the walls are way too tall to be of any use besides holding a tire. If you're going to tie stuff down you will need the anchor point to be lower than the cargo, not above it.