Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4runnerchevy's Exo

Re: Exo or bust.

He's the 75 year old engineer, who's been building chassis forever, I am not. If he thinks its strong then I have to respect his opinion.

No I cannot capture the image, for some reason I can't bring it up at home. When I start I will take pics.

Yes I am watching this thread on Pirate.
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...&highlight=exo

Just thought I would try expand the tech around here, not just what kind of lights should I run, and will 31's fit my truck. My bad

Well, I for one, can't wait to see what you come up with.
    My signature

Looking forward to it Kevin, and who knows, if you make it really pretty, I may come out and give you the honor of doing mine.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Looking forward to it Kevin, and who knows, if you make it really pretty, I may come out and give you the honor of doing mine.
    Thanx Chris, I don't think the left coast is ready for you !

I am also looking forward to seeing what this guy is gonna come up with.

The tools:

Rear hoops in the rough.

Cools tool.

More pics to come. As parts get done they will be blasted and painted with a semi black, masking any weld points. My aim is to tie it into, my front and rear bumpers, but allowing the front to be removed. My current front bumper will soon be replaced, with a tube setup/winch mount/stinger. My front bumper must remain removeable, cause the radiator/mount assembly is easy release, to allow the motor to be removed through the front (this becomes on issue with cherry pickers and tall trucks). Its a slow process, with all my other crap going on, so updates will be slow.

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    My front bumper must remain removeable, cause the radiator/mount assembly is easy release, to allow the motor to be removed through the front (this becomes on issue with cherry pickers and tall trucks).
    another down-fall of a cheby engine swap . . . the need to keep easy engine removal in mind when building

looking forward to the pics though . . . if you don't already have a pipe notcher or access to one I would recommend an Old Joint Jigger Pipe Notcher knock-off (just maybe not in purple)

ebay prices aren't bad and mine has held up for years already with no noticeable slop in it (3 bumpers + 1 flatbed with rear cage)
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

We have a 45 ton iron worker, with notchers for all tubes and pipes to 2". It also punches, shears and brakes. Good tool though Keith. I also have the joint jigger, like the one shown.

Pic of the Ironworker!
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Oh its a very cool little number, I'll take decent pics when the wife gets home with the camera, and I am at the shop. Its a $4000 number, but with the tooling, about $4000 extra. Great for production, It shears 8"x1/2" thick solid, and will just about brake it, maybe 3 bumps.

At this past SEMA show there were several manufactures showing various ironworker type rigs. On one, this guy was chomping half dollar sized plugs out of 1/2" plate like it was cardboard. Those thinks are sweet. Really dig the tubing notch capability too.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast