Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4runnerchevy's Exo

Re: Exo or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    We have a 45 ton iron worker, with notchers for all tubes and pipes to 2". It also punches, shears and brakes. Good tool though Keith. I also have the joint jigger, like the one shown.
    Must be nice. I have resorted to go old school and use brute strength in my projects. Some day I'll hurt myself but until I can have access to an iron worker...

I do have to thank my job for 24/7 access to the fab shop. It by far exceeds my shop at home.

The Iron Worker

The Mill

The Lathe

Yes that is a 1920's model A truck differential, I just finished a setup on.

Cold Saw, for precision cutting.

Other Stuff

24/7! Sweet. If I had access to all of that I don't think I'd come home much. I could get all kind of projects done and I'd probably be money ahead.

Some parts tacked in.

Nice to see it getting underway already.
    What sort of material is that stock roll bar made of? Is it strong enough to become part of your exo?

hehe... I think the date in you camera is off...
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Tankota
    Nice to see it getting underway already.
    What sort of material is that stock roll bar made of? Is it strong enough to become part of your exo?

hehe... I think the date in you camera is off...
    That stock thing in question is metric, I have not measured its thickness but its around 3/32, but almost 2" diameter. When the other tubes are in, it really wont be an issue. It will all, tie into the exo cab hoop. Some of the stuff you see, tied into the stock rear bar, is old stuff, the new stuff is the raw steel. I will have to make another tube gate in the rear, I have an idea for that. Right now its work from rear to front. Portions will come back off for welding and painting as I go.

By the way that stock rear bar, has been in a couple of flops.

I'll get some shots this weekend when I roll it out of its berth and yes the date will be fixed.

Thats cool, I always wondered how those sock roll bars would hold up in a flop. I know I've seen the cages on wranglers collapse after a mild roll before.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Pics, still working the rear.

sweet!

I may have missed this earlier, but are you just planning on making your own bikini top for the back?
    My signature

I have a soft top, and the wife will be making me a new one.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast