Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 4runnerchevy's Exo

Re: 4runnerchevy's Exo

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    if youre putting enough force on those seat belts to break a tab off, i think you have MUCH bigger concerns than the tab breaking off.

that being said. im kind of confused. shouldnt that bar be about 9-12 inches higher to get it in line with your shoulders (or up to 15* below), about the point where the padding starts on the roll bar? and those tabs should be facing forward in the line of action on the belt?

im probably wrong, just clarifying. exo looks good. thats about what i want mine to look like with the tubes over the wheel wells.
    Remember it is a 4/5 point harness, I am not dependent on 2 of the points. As far as the tabs breaking, those tabs are designed for the purpose I put them in. I have seen those tabs take far further abuse then I can possibly give them. My biggest fear would be the tube bending a little, but not a tab comming off or breaking. If the tube bends in a rollover then that is the least of my problems. Keep in mind that the seats are as far forward as they go in that picture. 9 inches would put them even or higher then my shoulders, and especially over the shoulders of my spotter (he is shorter).

yeah i guess it was just the angle of the picture, but that tube look really low.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    yeah i guess it was just the angle of the picture, but that tube look really low.
    Yeah its decieving. The harness came with webs to go to the floor, but after talking to the race guys, they seem to think they should be mounted the tube way (something about compression). I dunno, but after flopping myself, this is way better then the factory belts. They are off road only in Cali, so I am not looking at a 75 MPH crash.

i definately like the new front bumper over your old smitty built
    1988 4runner hybrid 44/60 front axle dual inchworms 12bolt rear<br />1972 jimmy 425hp and smog examt<br />95 range rover

Quote Originally Posted by bigarms23
    i definately like the new front bumper over your old smitty built
    Yeah, the runner is way different since you were down here. The smitty sucked, modifying it all the time, and shear weight. Off topic, HH run got changed if you can make it!

still have to work but be down still thinking first week of may hopefully maybe we can run to hollister than
    1988 4runner hybrid 44/60 front axle dual inchworms 12bolt rear<br />1972 jimmy 425hp and smog examt<br />95 range rover

Daniel Pm'd

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567