Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Nissan 370Z

2009 Nissan 370Z

It sounds promising. 3.7L V6 with 332 hp. There is a 7-speed auto available, but anyone that checked that box should just probably just buy a Lincoln Towncar. What excites me is Nissan's new 6-speed manual: "The world's first SynchroRev manual transmission technology monitors the 6-speed's clutch pedal operation, shift lever movement and vehicle speed. Shifting to a lower gear automatically blips the throttle to the ideal engine rpm for a smooth downshift. Smoother shifts help keep the chassis balanced, meaning this tranmission delivers handling and power."

Interesting.

Re: 2009 Nissan 370Z

i really like it! i think nissan has a winner here. the styling is much more akin to the earlier Z's and this thing LOOKS like it weighs several hundred tons less than the 350Z.

cmon toyota, wheres your supra?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Toyota used to make some of the most exciting cars around. For example, look at the early 90s when Toyota had the MR2, Celica All-Trac and Supra, all available with 200 to 330 hp turbocharged engines. Heck, even the Corolla FX16 and Corolla GTS were somewhat exciting. Toyota really does not make cars that a person can be passionate about, Nissan/Infiniti does.

I checked out the link you sent me. Pretty slick looking. Even the interior looks nice, navigation and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    and this thing LOOKS like it weighs several hundred tons less than the 350Z.
    ?????

i hadnt heard of the automatic rev matching on the manuel. how would that work i wonder? i mean how would it rev to match if it dosnt know where im shifting until its too late? i know there tiptronic automatic transmision is awesome at rev matching, but that ones easy as your only going up one gear or down one. none of my fancy 6th to 4th trickery on the freeway lol

Eh, I'm not really digging it. Those headlights look very similar to the new Maxima, which I think are pretty terrible. Other than that, it isn't too bad, and that manual tranny sounds sweet.

And I agree with Sean, Toyota needs to bring back the Supra, or at least an MR2 Turbo.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    i hadnt heard of the automatic rev matching on the manuel. how would that work i wonder? i mean how would it rev to match if it dosnt know where im shifting until its too late? i know there tiptronic automatic transmision is awesome at rev matching, but that ones easy as your only going up one gear or down one. none of my fancy 6th to 4th trickery on the freeway lol
    I'm guessing it blips the throttle after the gear is selected, although the system would have to react quickly in order to blip the throttle before the clutch is depressed, but even then, I dunno if engine can increase it's RPMs that quickly. Just a guess...interesting idea, and I'm curious as to how it works as well.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    Since it knows the position of the clutch pedal, vehicle speed, engine speed and what gear you're attempting to put it in, I don't imagine it would have any problem with dropping two gears. I'm not sure what it would do if you tried to drop more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    and this thing LOOKS like it weighs several hundred tons less than the 350Z.
    ?????
    i always thought the styling of the 350Z made it look heavy, which it happened to be, very very heavy.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast