Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Nissan 370Z

Re: 2009 Nissan 370Z

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    and this thing LOOKS like it weighs several hundred tons less than the 350Z.
    ?????
    i always thought the styling of the 350Z made it look heavy, which it happened to be, very very heavy.
    Honestly, don't the think they look the exact same, save for the headlights?

Im not too sure about yall, but that manual gearbox sounds like it would be nothing but a nightmare and I gaurantee you it wont be there anymore in the next couple of years....

If I were to buy one I would have an auto hands down. Can you imagine that car with a 7-speed auto and about 1000whp?
    97 runner and 02 tundy

Is that the Skyline tranny?

i always have liked manuals over auto's but i still think toyota should grow some balls and release a new supra to compete (sp?) with nissan and ford/gm....
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Quote Originally Posted by Mossyrocks
    Im not too sure about yall, but that manual gearbox sounds like it would be nothing but a nightmare and I gaurantee you it wont be there anymore in the next couple of years....

If I were to buy one I would have an auto hands down. Can you imagine that car with a 7-speed auto and about 1000whp?
    some people dont realize that the new automatics with the double clutch technology is lightyears faster then a manual even with the best driver.

i love manuals and they are fun to drive, but ill take the auto with the SMG, ferrari F1 or mercedes 4matic technology
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Car looks nice, but I think that tranny would also be a nightmare, I dont need my tranny matvching revs for me.... I can do it, if I need it. I want my car to be dumb, do what I say, and nothing else.

That thing with about 1000 whp, and a nice drifting susp set up would be SICK.
    I bet RSR builds the first one.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

For drag racing... There will never be a manual as fast as an automatic in a given car... Not to mention consistancy. I dont think people realize how long it actually takes a person to shift.

97 runner and 02 tundy

I dunno, I like the manual because it keeps you more engaged in the driving experience than an auto. Although the new autos will let you hold gears, they do not have the same feeling as having a direct connection to the drivetrain.

I like that car. I'm an original Z car fanatic, but I think I like that one. Its a little more of a throwback to the originals. Would like to see some more angles of it.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Mossyrocks
    For drag racing... There will never be a manual as fast as an automatic in a given car... Not to mention consistancy. I dont think people realize how long it actually takes a person to shift.

not just drag, but f1 and circuit racing, a manual gearbox without a clutch is what they use.

most all automatics have an option to hold gears, but usually if you stomp it, it will downshift without you asking.

however with the SMG, F1, 4matic and all the other gearboxes in the amg, m series bmw and ferraris, its essentially a manual without a clutch to hold
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast