Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life...

Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life...

I have been somewhat absentee here lately and I am sorry for that. Internet forums have positively formed a lot of the last 5 years of my life and I am thankful for that. Many of you have helped me have experiences that were importantly formative. As much as I malign it, there is good in communities like this of people who may never meet.

So, some may recognize the quote from Animal House. I have been trying to live by that for a while and have lapsed with stress/scheduling/lack of discipline. Briefly, I was a big kid and big kids are told to stay big and play football. As a Junior in High School I played football at 330-335. I was fluffy, trimmed to a greasy 300 as a senior and went to college as a bit more solid 300. Since then I have stopped eating whole pieces, drinking multiple pitchers of beer in an evening and moved to Colorado to be outside more.

That, combined with my lumberjacking got me down to 260 and then 250. This summer, after training harder and being sick, I was as low as 240. That is almost 100 pounds in the last 10 years. I would like to make it an even 100 as I think at 6'5" I can hold 230-235 while being strong and not looking starved. Since I swung back to 260, I can see it in pictures and am embarrassed.

This thread will have weigh-ins, thoughts and failures. As of this morning I am 263. I am aiming for 235 and no belly for the 15th of March. That is our first Spring competition and a chance to win another shot at the series. This morning I had a piece of pecan pie, a quart of water, an orange and a grapefruit. No more chips, 4-5 small meals and more biking/hiking. Thanks for the outlet guys, I appreciate it.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Re: Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life...

cheese, the sheer fact of going from 330-335 to 240 is a pretty amazing feat. I must say I'd like to lose a fraction of that and I'm honestly not sure how I can even accomplish that.

Good call on the lots of small meals. That looks to be the winning ticket because it'll keep your metabolism up. The addition of exercising will definitely help you trim down to your target goal.

How about some before and after pix? It's always fun to pick on the before pix Btw this thread is pretty similar to the UY challenge that Chris made. Except I think you've prob beat everyone just from the rough figures
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

I think this is a great goal, and certainly attainable.

I'll offer what support I can here, or, should you wish, I love to hike. Happy to meet up if you want company.

Good luck!
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

big goal but is achievable, hope it goes well for ya.

my dad was an OLine RT in college at 298, granted this was back in the early 70s and he was huge for an olinemen then, hes now 255, but did get down to 211, just slackin i think.

discipline is key, and i know you have it.

good luck
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Thanks guys.

As for pictures, this reminds me I let my montypics expire, gotta get back to that.

Most of the big cut was easy, I had always been working out for football, but eating huge meals and working on being big obviously doesn't make a guy smaller. Since then, I have been active, and eating reasonably. I have a list of things skinny people do on the fridge. This is not a diet, it is a conscious change. Not even that revolutionary of one, but a necessary one.

Back in the 70's, being at or around 3 bills was common. Now that is a lot of high school kids and most college linemen.

Biking has been better and I like hiking. I am a firm believer that people over 200 pounds should not run distances greater than 3 miles.

The other thing is water. It is getting cooler here so it is harder to feel thirsty, but being hydrated always makes me feel better.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

back in highschool i was a 200# DE and was considered small, i was pretty quick but was still about 10-20# lighter than they wanted me... now im 235 (6 years later) and want to get back down to 240ish. i think the eating smaller/more meals will help a lot more than you think, i am on my own workout plan and hope to hit my target weight of 220 before i start lifting again.

im 6'3" so i dont think that 230 and 6'5" is a reasonable goal for not looking starved, however, everyone is differeent, and only you will be able to know what you feel comfortable at, either way, best of luck to you, and go GATORS!
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

I was going to start a thread like this, but I had doughnut glaze all over my fingers...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

No good pictures yet.

There have been some fortunate changes in my personal life that should add extra drive to this.

I finished up the last of the Thanksgiving leftovers here, that is temptation that is good to be gone.

Some times I get up in the morning and think, "Hey, you don't like being fat, make good decisions today." It often works, but yesterday I ate a piece of pecan pie with lunch and then had another at 10. That is not good.

More water, less temptations around the house. I don't have cookies or chocolates, now the pie is gone. Some times I eat ice cream, which is fine.

Anyway, back to it. The weather has turned here, only activity was 3 hours of splitting wood. There is the couple miles to campus and back, but that is not really exercise, just decompression time.

Thanks.

I''m 6'4 and about 215 lbs, and about 14% body fat (going for around 8%)and don't look starved. I would focus more on leaning out muscle/ muscle % to body fat% rather than weight alone. Especially if you work out at all, or bike, you're going to be replacing the fat with more dense muscle, as you may know.

I have nothing worthwhile to add to the discussion of achieving your goal, Cheese. I'm a relatively skinny little punk.

All I'm gonna say is, good luck, and God speed. You have my prayers and admiration.
    CJ &lt;IXOYE&gt;&lt;<br /><br />03 Tacoma DC TRD 4wd, bunchamods <br /><br />Avatar artwork courtesy of the one and only 04 Rocko Taco.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast