Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a part for my 90 4runner

Looking for a part for my 90 4runner

Ok i know a few people have parts trucks and secret stashes.

Well i came home today to grab a paper punch off my desk. As i am getting out of my truck i notice something a miss on the 4runner. I get down to get a better look and the panard bar is just hanging on barely.

Seems somewhere sometime ago i lost what ever nut and washer and what not attaches the panard bar to the driver side attachment point.

Does anyone have or know what i can get to reattach this? Is it just a bushing and a big fat washer and nut or is it more to it.
    I searched around looking for a parts catalog online to no avail. Going to break out the service manual after the kids go to bed, and thought i would get a head start here in case i don't get lucky.

Thank ya.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Re: Looking for a part for my 90 4runner

No One??
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

Cant seem to find My FSM, probably buried in the garage.

Can anyone tell me is this just a nut and washer or is there a bushing there too.

my guess is there is a rubber bushing the washer retainer and the nut.

But i cant find any parts illustrations to confirm.

Thank you

you should be able to get grade 8 hardware at OSH to replace it...
    94 4Runner: All the Good Stuff<br /><br />[color=grey] 89 4runner: 3.0, Auto, HID&#39;s<br /><br />[color=blue]81 2wd pickup: 22r, 5sp, Lock Right, custom seats, Hella 500&#39;s on the bumper.

I would guess that there was a bolt running through a sleeve in a rubber bushing.

The grade 8 (or 10.9 bolt), washer, sleeve, and nut you can get at the hardware store. Just be sure to Loctite it well. If the rubber bushing is gone you ought to be able to get from the dealer.
    84 Xcab: 38&quot;TSL/D44/4.56/ARB/350/4L60E/2.28/2.28/ARB/4.56/D60 (gone, sigh)<br />01 WJ 32s solids F&amp;R

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    you should be able to get grade 8 hardware at OSH to replace it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Piett
    I would guess that there was a bolt running through a sleeve in a rubber bushing.

The grade 8 (or 10.9 bolt), washer, sleeve, and nut you can get at the hardware store. Just be sure to Loctite it well. If the rubber bushing is gone you ought to be able to get from the dealer.
    I'm thinkin i can find the nut at Ace or Orchard, just wondering if the "washer" is special, and if it had a bushing.

I don't have vol 2, FSM
    And the 93 online one doesnt show what i need. And none of the parts places online i checked shows me a illustrated catalog, or even the panhard bar for that matter.

I'm just covering all bases till i get the time to go to Napa and have my parts guru search it out.

Oh and as far as loctite goes, i plan on drilling it out and
    http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...00/Wiretie.gif
    Haven't had much practice since i left the navy, but i had lots of practice rebuilding the gun on my system.

Thank you

Hey Reggie, hit up a junkyard. Should be plenty of those there.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Hey Reggie, hit up a junkyard. Should be plenty of those there.
    Not any of the close ones. I try to make the rounds every couple of months to find "things i need"

The ones up in sac i have been to don't let you roam around, and i make it a habit to steer clear of TAP.

Just trying out the brain trust here. Its not a dire thing I'm sure once i get a hold of a parts catalog i will be able to tell the type of bushing and what not.

Its just kinda weird it came off.
    Talk about guardian angels, last time was out was me and the Dude going up north to wheel. surprised and glad it didnt come apart the rest of the way on the trip/

That's weird, did you remove that when you installed your cruiser coils?
    My signature

Not that i remember.

We tried to take as little apart as possible.
    Think we intentionally left it alone, we thought we might not be able to get it lined up again.

Don't remember fussing with it. Look at it when we got done to see if it shifted the axle to one side.

Its possible it just rattled off. I seem to find little things every time i get into something, but what can you expect for only costing 600.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast