Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another big day for gun owners and the 2nd Amendment

Re: Another big day for gun owners and the 2nd Amendment

CHICAGO (AFP) – President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that lawful gun owners have "nothing to fear" from his incoming administration so there is no reason for Americans to stock up on guns.

Gun shops across the country have reported increased sales amid fears that Obama intends to restrict gun sales after taking office on January 20.

While Obama supports gun control, he has repeatedly denied any intention of "taking away folks' guns."

The right to bear arms is guaranteed in the second amendment of the US constitution and gun control is a hot-button political issue.

"I believe in common sense gun safety law, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a press conference Sunday.

"And so, lawful gun owners have nothing to fear.

"I've said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition, and I think that people can take me at my word."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081207...s_081207211456

I think I understand this man now. It's not what he says that should alarm, it's what he DOESN'T say. What is 'common sense gun safety'? He states he will not take away guns, but has endorsed legislation which makes them impotent or even practically impossible to use. There is a bill waiting to be signed that places a 500% tax on all guns sales and ammunition. if that is signed, and I have no doubt he'll do it for safety's sake, it will remove guns without removing them. If the common man cannot afford to own them due to govt manipulation, that is effectively infringement. I think people are still stinging from the Clinton bans of '93 that lasted 10 years. They can read the writing on the wall and are preparing. I am.

Edit: that's 500% increase on the existing federal tax, making a box of 20 rnds of Federal ammo $67.00+
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Ah, but fuster, remember, Obama is the savior and he only tells the truth...

Well, I'm nowhere near where I want to be with guns and ammo, but if when he starts to pull stuff, at least I'm prepared.

And if he's telling the truth, doesn't infringe upon my 2nd amendment rights, and doesn't put left or right leaning judges in for the supreme court, then I'll have more respect for the guy. However, once again, his voting record does not reflect an individual that would do those things.

So, I'll have my "I TOLD YOU SO" shirts ready to distribute.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

*madly reloading his .223 cases...*
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    Sadly, I have over 5000 .223 cases to reload, and I don't have a progressive reloader... ugh.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    Sadly, I have over 5000 .223 cases to reload, and I don't have a progressive reloader... ugh.
    What kind of load are you doing?

I just got all kinds of Reloading equip for my birthday, just waiting on the bullets and cases i ordered.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

I don't use a progressive with rifle cases anyway. In fact, I prefer to single stage load altogether. Most of the time in hand loading is spent in case prep anyway. For 223 I figure I spend about 1 minute per case after they have been agitation cleaned (tumbled or vibrated). After lubing, resizing/decapping, washing, cleaning the primer pocket, trimming (if necessary), chamfering/deburring, re-agitating, checking the flash hole and priming, I can then set up to charge them with powder and seat the projectile. By that time and with a powder measure, single stage loading is the fastest part....plus I get to look at all the shiney metal

Edit: at my rate of case prep, looks like you'll be busy for 83.333 hours. The bright side is that to load 5000 rnds with bulk purchased materials you'll only spend 650+/- compared to 3000.00 for factory loads plus shipping.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by reggie 00
    What kind of load are you doing?

I just got all kinds of Reloading equip for my birthday, just waiting on the bullets and cases i ordered.
    Nothing special for .223 cases. I'm just using a Speer #13 data manual for 55g projectiles. I don't have it in front of me right now, but I usually load in the middle range of suggested combinations. For each powder and projectile weight option there are listed three muzzle velocity possibilities; each progressively faster than the previous. I choose the middle one for the powder I'm using.

I buy my .223 bullets in bulk of 1000-4000. More coin up front that way but a greater overall savings. Again, for .223 I don't do anything exotic like ballistic tips or partitioned projectiles. I just get a FMJ 55 grain piece of lead. Bullet choice all depends on application. In my case, .223 hoarding doesn't require tack driver precision. I just need to be able to put lead down range quickly and on target. Powder these days depends on what is available...same with primers ugh.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Hey David, when 83.333 hours of case prep overwhelms and lethargy eclipes your resolve, let me know and I'll buy all those cases off of ya...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Hey David, when 83.333 hours of case prep overwhelms and lethargy eclipes your resolve, let me know and I'll buy all those cases off of ya...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ my friend, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ.....

I'm sitting pretty happy with them right now, so I'll just hold on to them. Just dreading when I decide to start the reloading process....

Oh, and I have about 1500 10mm cases to reload as well, on top of 200 300 weatherby cases.

Lucky for me, at least I have a turret on my RCBS reloading press, so I do save some time there!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ my friend, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ.....
    Really? I can just come get 'em? Awesome. I'll be right over.....Hehe.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast