Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Another big day for gun owners and the 2nd Amendment

Re: Another big day for gun owners and the 2nd Amendment

Again Ike, you are right. The aggregate effect of the amendments of the Constitution are to obstruct a sudden seizure of power and freedom. It also serves as a miner's canary; warning of imminent danger should an incremental trend surreptitiously move to steal our freedoms one by one: metaphorically, boil the frog slowly.

So I ask, has govt trespassed the constitution before? Is it doing so now? The last line of defense of liberty is the ability to effectively FORCE our righteous will on govt run rouge with the froth of covetousness of power fresh on it's terrible maw.

I stand in sober resolution in defense of the principles of individual liberty and moral responsibility that the 2nd amendment guarantees. Any infringment of it is unconstitution an hence immoral....even treasonous.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Re: Another big day for gun owners and the 2nd Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by gabe
    Sorry to jump into you guys' debate but...

I think we are forgetting that a large number of the U.S. population has served and been trained in our awesome military. Thus, we do have the training needed to defend ourselves from the government. And anyone that has been trained, can train. The military trains you to be a leader also. So we would have a bunch of military trained leaders teaching the rest of the "militia".

Not to mention, our current military is just like you and me... they have just as much right to decide to fight with the government or against the government.

The only disadvantage would be our lack of good weapons. We would be going up against a military with jets, tanks, ships etc... basically all the resources it could handle. Including satellite observation.... scary
    But, if we were not restricted in the arms we are able to bear, I think that people would have a better chance of overthrowing a tyrannical government.

Here, there is no jumping in. All are invited. You make a good point. In fact, I think most of our military would refuse to serve under a tyrant. There are those however who for what ever reason are incapable of recognizing a tyrant when they see one or are conflicted by benefits received from the tyrant. They are the ones who if the environment is right and we are unable to oppose, will roll over freedom and life to force their will and exploit our produce and lives.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789