Thread: Vaseline on Battery Terminal

Vaseline on Battery Terminal

Never tried this but I read to prevent battery post corrosion, apply vaseline on the terminals, and it won't corrode. Seems like a really cheap PM. I figure it couldn't hurt.

Re: Vaseline on Battery Terminal

I've never heard that either. Sounds kinda goofy to me though. I dont see vaseline really neutralizing or preventing corrosion. Just buy a little aerosol can of battery protector spray. That actually does prevent any corrosion from building up. Be sure to clean your terminals with a water/baking soda mix first.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

So when I read the Title I'm thinking why isn't this in NSFW?

Like you said, cant hurt. Which is very different from what I was initially thinking.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

if the terminals are coated real good that should prevent moisture from ever touching the metal and causing corrosion unless i'm forgetting something. seems kinda goofy though i'm not gonna lie
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

try grease
    85 4 runner that&#39;s just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

The best stuff to use it the battery terminal spray (what comes out is a sticky red coating which prevents oxidation on the terminals) that comes in a can. The other ones mentioned like vasoline and grease tend to flow down and all over the the side of the battery when underhood temps rise.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    The best stuff to use it the battery terminal spray (what comes out is a sticky red coating which prevents oxidation on the terminals) that comes in a can. The other ones mentioned like vasoline and grease tend to flow down and all over the the side of the battery when underhood temps rise.
    Shows how much I know. I didn't even know any of these product existed. Thanks for the tip. I guess I'll be making a trip to the auto shop.